Bronco 1/35 StuG III D North Africa

J

James Robert Noble

Thanks Guys! Very much appreciated indeed! Looking around the GB I'm seeing some mighty fine looking StuGs and moreso Dioramas and Figures! :cool:
Don't make me do it guys! Because I will go and create some kind of desert scene for my StuG! I've warned you!
Here is where I am at today. Need to go pick up some Super Glue to carry on with the PE.

20200103_142040.jpg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi James

Looking very good indeed so far!!

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

J

James Robert Noble

Thanks Andrew! Managed to complete the Jerry Can holder at rear of StuG and a little more PE last night. Hoping to make a start on the Tracks today.

20200103_233616.jpg20200104_084750.jpg

J

James Robert Noble

Found this bling set from Voyager. Looks very comprehensive. Noticed that the Air Filters have 3 Straps around them instead of Bronco supplied 2...

688aa18dcaba8921dc18dfa82e388538.image.800x536.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: JR
J

James Robert Noble

I think I'm calling the actual build finished. Well, need to attach the Air Filter straps and complete the tracks. Hope to get that done tomorrow. Keen to prime my build tomorrow also. Added a spare piece of PE as a handle on the open hatch. Not accurate at all but may look better once primed? As always, all comments greatly received.

Screenshot_20200104-204904_Instagram.jpg20200104_202402.jpgScreenshot_20200104-205142_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20200104-204507_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20200104-204215_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20200104-204326_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20200104-204726_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20200104-204422_Instagram.jpg

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi James - why did you stick the open hatch in that position?

It should open forward where the hinges are moulded on the hull roof

james.jpg
it needs relocating so the circled hinges mate to the fixed hinge at the front of the opening

get rid of that piece of etch and just add a flat bar along the front edge of the hatch where the red line is - it needs to be half on the hatch and half overhanging as this forms the lip that the rear hatch closes onto when closed

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I concur, you’ve got the front hatch opening to the rear without anything for it to hinge around.

StugIIIC_3.jpg 4797c31aa9442b92bae0abea96223025.jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks very neat indeed James, and not a bit of glue showing. The sight of those PE sets from Voyager reminded me of the time I built that first StuG, realised then that PE and I don't get on.
Like how you've done the track guards separately, no doubt your Broncokit is better than the Zvezda and they will fit and allow you to get the tracks on .
Can rack looks the part .

J

James Robert Noble

Brilliant guys! Well spotted Simon and Jakko. Many thanks for pointing out that school boy error! I will correct it today and also remove the piece of PE. Many thanks. :thumb2:

J

James Robert Noble

Looks very neat indeed James, and not a bit of glue showing. The sight of those PE sets from Voyager reminded me of the time I built that first StuG, realised then that PE and I don't get on.
Like how you've done the track guards separately, no doubt your Broncokit is better than the Zvezda and they will fit and allow you to get the tracks on .
Can rack looks the part .

Thanks John! I'm very pleased with it especially as it was my first StuG and first Bronco Kit. May I say I am loving your GB Entry! Very good build and very realistic paint job! Also seeing your entry has me thinking of creating a small desert scene! :nerd:

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi James
Late to the party - sorry. Just too easy to miss things on this very active forum. I doubt there are any mince pies left seeing the gannets your build has attracted :tongue-out3:
That is a great looking kit. Certainly not a low parts count. Construction done and very neat it is too. As for the hatch - there isn't a modeller who hasn't done something similar. Simon and Jakko are the 'eagle eyes' of the forum - always good to have them around.
Looking forward to the paint and the desert dio.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi James
Late to the party - sorry. Just too easy to miss things on this very active forum. I doubt there are any mince pies left seeing the gannets your build has attracted :tongue-out3:
That is a great looking kit. Certainly not a low parts count. Construction done and very neat it is too. As for the hatch - there isn't a modeller who hasn't done something similar. Simon and Jakko are the 'eagle eyes' of the forum - always good to have them around.
Looking forward to the paint and the desert dio.
Jim
Jim I am not a gannet, I caught the first bus! :smiling3::upside:

J

James Robert Noble

Hi Jim! How are you buddy? No need to say sorry at all. To be fair this build was very OOB and very straightforward.
You have missed nothing. Apart from the mince pies and party buffet which John devoured! :tears-of-joy:

Absolutely! Big thanks to all the guys. Advice and encouragement is always on hand which is great.
I now have the Model Air German Colours Jim so can't wait to get a start on painting. :thumb2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Just popped in to see how you are doing James. It really has come together well. Looking forward to seeing how you get on with the wet stuff

J

James Robert Noble

Many Thanks Steve! I have eally enjoyed this one buddy. I found it a really nice build, so far anyway! Had a bit of difficulty with the Jerry Can holder at rear of StuG but got there in the end.

Just today I found some really good looking DAK Figures that I may introduce to a little Desert Scene.

Now remember Figures really are not my strong point but if I don't work with them that will always be the case...

So I have a Masterbox Motorcycles Kit in the stash and with these two standing by the bikes it may look decent?

gefreiter-dak.jpgoberschutze-dak.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

J

James Robert Noble

Thank you very much Scottie and Bob! Probably one of my quickest builds, most likely due to being in the GB but partly due to being a really nice build.

Can't wait to get the paint on and apply some very light weathering but left the Kit at SWMBO's so no further bench time until the Weekend. :disappointed:

I did make a start on the tracks and so far so good with them. The little Kit supplied Jig thing is great. It also allows you to insert the pins a few at a time.

I will complete the StuG before I go on to do any figure work but the more I look at these guys the more I like them.

They are on Ebay UK but here is the link to Scale 75, in Spain I think, for you guys to take a look at some of their offerings.