Bronco Chinese PLAAF J10/J10A "Vigorous Dragon Fighter 1/48 Fb4004

F

Fenlander

Impressive looking aircraft. Certainly beating it into submission Robert ;)

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
Going to do as much as I can before I can get any spraying done of primer etc ( just got to wait on the boat coming in ) I'm pleased I got my wings on straight with no dips or seam lines ( took a lot of fettling ) but I'm not put off........ Yet

Robert

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
The wing step was just bugging the hel out of me so I have been working on this part the past couple of hours. Modern jets are so hard to get right( my opinion )

Thought I'd get to put some primer down this morning but it just looked at me and said not ready yet!!

Well now I have set it perfect and IMHO it's the best I can get it however I've lost a lot of detail ( panel lines etc ) but I have the tools to scribe back as best I can.

I also have a trumpeter rivot maker on order so that should be here in next day or so

Pictures of progress

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

D

Deleted member 4539

When I looked at the first pic,the first thing that came to mind was..why has he glued the tail wings in this position?..DUHH on me:smiling3:.

Nice work so far.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
It looks like it's giving you a real fight Robert
Your telling me, I think like Tony's the wing join to fuselage looks good on dry fit but because the top wing is so smooth to the fuselage getting this right throws out the base so it's lots of jigging around and heaps of filler.

Sanding down smooth is easy enough but you have to make sure the shot limes meet up. Doing all this sanding etc is detrimental to the plastic and unfortunately you lose panel lines and rivot detail but I'm not giving up just yet. It's all smooth now and I'll give it a wipe down with some IPA tomorrow and see the extent of the resribing.

From best guess I have 4 panels to do but I have a detailed plan to work from.

Once rivoter is here I'll get that underway, give it a prime and see if I can turn it around and make good

Robert

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
just gone through your thread great work and news for me didnt even know that bronco did kits

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
You have certainly had your work cut out for you with this one Robert, but making good progress. Look forward to seeing how the rivet maker goes.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Your telling me, I think like Tony's the wing join to fuselage looks good on dry fit but because the top wing is so smooth to the fuselage getting this right throws out the base so it's lots of jigging around and heaps of filler.
Sanding down smooth is easy enough but you have to make sure the shot limes meet up. Doing all this sanding etc is detrimental to the plastic and unfortunately you lose panel lines and rivot detail but I'm not giving up just yet. It's all smooth now and I'll give it a wipe down with some IPA tomorrow and see the extent of the resribing.

From best guess I have 4 panels to do but I have a detailed plan to work from.

Once rivoter is here I'll get that underway, give it a prime and see if I can turn it around and make good

Robert
It looks like you've got a great plan of action to defeat this one Robert keep up the great work

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
She's putting up a bit of a fight but looks like you'll come out on top ;)

Great work so far I'm liking the rivet tool.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers John.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking good robert , I think im going to get a riveter too, cheers tony