Bronco Comet plus bits....

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Mike
Sorry about the sandwich joke - just came into my head when I first looked at the photo :rolling:
That model is superb in every respect. Great detail and stunning paint job/weathering. Looking forward to the figures and the base.
Jim
Jim,
No problem, had a good laugh.
Mike

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Yup stunning it is Mike including the SBS on the tracks thanks.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard,
My pleasure, hope it helps you out.
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Next time please finish the wire rope in the correct manor, should be eased into the main length on the return, you have that dreaded Marlin spike ! How I hated wire rope splicing ! Why was your shaving brush out !

Joking apart Mike excellent SBS. Do those tracks just click together, and will they move ie bend easily. I still have problems with gluing them, this afternoon the KV ones fell apart several times. ( Done those exhaust and airfilter .) I would have a go with them if there's not to much dreaded cleaning up ?
I was working on the return, this is the Luton return as opposed to the Lincoln return. Shaving brush is there to sweep up, and remind me to shave, SWMBO keeps asking if my face needs a bowl of milk..... Will shave tonight.
The tracks went together like a dream, they have very small pins at the end of each link and I used a peice of 1.5mm scrap plasticard to click them into place. The ruined ones are hanging on the turret. For anyone that is interested it is 104 links, not 108 as quoted on the box. Cleaning up is minimal a swift cut with a Stanley knife seperated the links and then a wipe with a sanding stick to get rid of the ejector marks. And as you can see I missed a few, but the paint filled the recessed ones. Just remember to check a length against the drive sprocket. And they are really flexible, but some care needed.
Mike.

Reactions: JR

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Informative SBS on the tracks Mike, cracking build, the weathering looks superb.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I was working on the return, this is the Luton return as opposed to the Lincoln return. Shaving brush is there to sweep up, and remind me to shave, SWMBO keeps asking if my face needs a bowl of milk..... Will shave tonight.
The tracks went together like a dream, they have very small pins at the end of each link and I used a peice of 1.5mm scrap plasticard to click them into place. The ruined ones are hanging on the turret. For anyone that is interested it is 104 links, not 108 as quoted on the box. Cleaning up is minimal a swift cut with a Stanley knife seperated the links and then a wipe with a sanding stick to get rid of the ejector marks. And as you can see I missed a few, but the paint filled the recessed ones. Just remember to check a length against the drive sprocket. And they are really flexible, but some care needed.
Mike.
Thanks for that Mike might stay with the Friuls, if the cost is roughly the same. I would pay around the £25 mark.
Luton return :smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling: nice one :thumb2:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Update,
Started working on the additions, first up were the brew mugs, then came the cut up can which made the burner and next the frying pan....
I am sorry for the pics being blurred, but I seem to be stretching the limits of the phone camera.

mugs.jpg
cooking1.jpg
Cheers,
Mike.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Superb Mike! Looking forward to the 1/35 bacon rashers sizzling in that pan.
Pete

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oh those are great, well done mate.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mickc1440,
Jim R,
John Race,
stillp,
Many thanks for your comments, sorry about the bacon Pete, had that last night...
Mike.