Bronco Valentine "Bishop" spg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Having just posted in a thread about finished job or a build thread I had a pang of guilt!!! So I thought I would post a few photos of my current challenge.

The box says Bronco. the sprues inside say the same. However, having built three of the excellent Mini Art Vallentine's I am pretty certain that it's a tool share. The Sprues are identical.

On the plus side It has the Bronco individual link tracks, and a nice little fret of brass.

The Bishop was the first British SPG, and was thrown together in an attempt to counter the heavy German guns.

Enough twaddle, here are a couple of photos of what I have been upto the last week.

The bang box. Stopped full of fun things.

This took the best part of three days, and as you can see, still a way to go yet.

A nice little forest of wheels and bogies. Just need to swipe a paint brush around the tyres...

A load of fiddly bits, that need primer and or paint. There where almost as many on two other sticks. but they are now inside the gun compartment.

One of the headlamp brackets was a short cast. So it was out with the brass wire...

Half painted. lol. I painted the bottom and the boggy holder, and drive sprockets, had a bit of paint left in the airbrush. Quite a lot apparently.

The colour, for those of you watching in black and white, is Light Mud.

So just got to finish the office, stick the turret thingy on. (not really a turret as it is fixed and don't rotate. don't know what else to call it. Cuppolla)? Build the tracks and pose the suspension. Some thing interesting there Me thinks. Might even have a go at one of them there Diorama things.

Ian M

P

Polux

Don't get angry with me Ian!! ;) ;)

Look very good so far!!

I'm surprised, the interiors are great. I have never build a tank with interiors!

Cheers. Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Why should I get angry with you Polux!?

Ole, eerrrrmmmm thanks.

LOL

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
That's a beaut Ian, and nice catch on the headlight bracket. Looking forward to seeing more.

Tony.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I got the bits and bobs, into the gun station. Then like a plonker I put the roof on before I took the photos, so its only a view from the rear door way.

If you look real close, you can see the drivers controls.

(I hate the new photobucket. No matter how many times you rotate a picture it puts it up the wrong way!!!)

Still loads of fiddly PE to do yet. These bits are about 1mm wide and there is a strop to go through that buckle!!

Oh bum! Guess what I'm going to be doing the next few days...

still they look ok when put together. They will need a bit of glues though as the tiny pins that hold them together bend off when they click into the hole!!

Tomorrow the "turret" goes on and the final paint can begin. Then its tool time.

Ian M

First Name
Aaron
I love the bishop, i like the big square shape.

Awesome detail on this puppy, those buckles look fantastic.

Those tracks look like they are worth the hours.

M

mobear

well done there Ian looking really nice inside the turret,good luck with the tracks,rather you than me lol

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well A week with the flue, (still going strong!) sort of put the mockers on this one. So a bit here, a bit there and it sort of got done. The Tracks where most uncooperative and where falling to bits quicker than I could fix them.

Anyway. This is where I'm at. Time for a couple of decals, then some weathering.

View attachment 58178 View attachment 58175 View attachment 58176 View attachment 58177 View attachment 58174

Time for a cuppa.

Ian M

View attachment 60055

View attachment 60056

View attachment 60057

View attachment 60058

View attachment 60059

IMAG0826.jpg

IMAG0827.jpg

IMAG0828.jpg

IMAG0829.jpg

IMAG0830.jpg

S

Sky Raider

That is fantastic Ian a first class job, top marks mate 5 stars. I must say i didnt like the look of them tracks, i would have gone off my head if i had to put that lot together.

Andy

C

CDW

Nice job Ian, loads of detail and i dont envy you putting those tracks together.

Will look the full business when weathered and detailed.

One thing though, call me pedantic (sorry:smiling3:) but i believe the first SPG was the "British Gun Carrier Mark I" from WW1

T

treyzx10r

Wow Ian that is looking Killer! Love the interior detail too. Those track thingy's are what really scares me away from armor, tho you did a great job with them! We all got the flu over the xmas holidays ,just now feeling 'normal' again . Hope you get feeling better soon Cheers Trey

P

Polux

I'm admired of well and rapidly that work all you.

Great job so far.

Polux

A

andygh

Looks like a very detailed kit and you're making a great job of it too

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I'm done playing with this one.

There are photos in the finished armour section before long.

Ian M

link to pictures http://www.scale-models.co.uk/artillery-self-propelled-guns-anti-aircraft-guns-etc/18129-bronco-valentine-bishop-spg.html#post156411

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ian

this build is fabulous. A flawless finish to a great kit. Some thoughtful weathering and this will be a real winner. Well done sir!

Paul

Oh, and I hope you get over the flu real soon

Last edited by a moderator: