Brush painting with AK interactive

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Evening

About to brush paint a ship with AK paint, does anybody have experiance with AK.

Does it need thinning etc?? Young Ron has been very helpful but he uses Vallejo, not sure if its the same rules? Only normally use a brush to paint StuG tools or my teeth lol

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Bob,
I use AK, as well as Vallejo, it purely depends on how it comes out the bottle! I shake for a few minutes, then squirt it into my palette - I judge if it needs thinning - thinner if I'm painting larger areas. I use straight tapwater to thin. You have to be careful not to thin it too much, that just means opacity, needing another coat. AK Generation 3 paints are very good for brush and airbrush painting, they don't need quite as much thinning. As my supplies of paint paint are exhausted, I'm gradually replacing all my paints with AK 3 gen. as much as possible......
Dave

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Dave

I have there royal navy paint set, not sure if its gen 3 or what, will try to find out

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bob,
I use AK, as well as Vallejo, it purely depends on how it comes out the bottle! I shake for a few minutes, then squirt it into my palette - I judge if it needs thinning - thinner if I'm painting larger areas. I use straight tapwater to thin. You have to be careful not to thin it too much, that just means opacity, needing another coat. AK Generation 3 paints are very good for brush and airbrush painting, they don't need quite as much thinning. As my supplies of paint paint are exhausted, I'm gradually replacing all my paints with AK 3 gen. as much as possible......
Dave
Me as well Dave, they spray so much better.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thats easy to spot lol

Thanks Dave

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
There was an in depth review thread when the AK 3rd Generation range became available AK3 back in February last year.
Dave
Thanks Dave, just had another read through, read about the 4BO not being the best :cold-sweat::cold-sweat::cold-sweat:, will give it ago anyway.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Not a nice shade of green, try dunkelgelb? Misses will not let paint the house in that, not fair:loudly-crying:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Not a nice shade of green, try dunkelgelb? Misses will not let paint the house in that, not fair:loudly-crying:
Bob how could Mrs Stug be like that such a shame.:fearful::crying::crying:

Just tried the Russian green works a treat:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2: