Buccaneer time (again)

C

Caledonia

\ said:
Nice one Derek. Should of said you wanted one, My local pusher has one sitting on the shelf. I'd buy it myself if I thought i caould get it past SWMBO lol.Still not had any look with my Lightnig F6 Though. One on flea bay has just broken the £50 mark (I could by the 1/32 scale one for that price) and the other one is barred to out side UK bidders!!!

Bless the person selling they said they would post it to an address in England and I could bit. Problem is flea bay have not sorted it yet!

Been doing a bit of filler work. I might of gotten away lightly with the fuselage but the jet ducts both intake and exhaust are proving a pain in the bum!!! I have moved the Outter pylons in toward the fold as the RN versions had them moved more inboard. I also cut the grove for the canopy to run in along the top of the fuselage.

Found a very good picture of the gubbins in a wing fold. Dude theres a lot of junk in there!! Dont think I am up to that!

Repainted the Under carridge as I found a good grey for the job. Just need to give it a splosh of wash to pick up the detail.

Ian M
Ian, the firm I ordered the Buccaneer from has just advised me that it is no longer available, does your supplier you mentioned still have one? and if so can you please advise me how to contact them for price etc. Many thanks. Cheers Derek

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yes Derek, I have been trying to get hold of the Airfix 1/48 scale THE F6 version. So far I have been out bid on erm I think I'm up to nine now!!!

Any way. Threw a bit of white paint at the undersurfaces this evening and waiting for that to dry so I can see just how awfull it is! I really do not like painting things White! I do find it rather hard to get an even finish. Gloss black no problem. White and I am reaching for the Irish cough medicine!!! Oh thats a good idea!

Ian M

C

Caledonia

Hi Ian, looking good, like those slipper tanks. I suspect the Buccaneer is a bit like the Hurricane in so much as she didn't get the glamour tag some aircraft get, but was most probably a work horse with little or no vices. Looking forward to seeing the finished Aircraft. Was reading somewhere the other day that the Buccaneers were usually parked with the airbrakes in the open position. Keep up the great work. Cheers Derek

p.s. hows the F16 coming along, hope to get mine started next week.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Derek.

The Big Bucc will be parked with the wings up, the air brake open and the canopy slid back so I can see the gubbins in the cock pit! The last is assuming that I can remove it again after having tacked it on with PVA and that not to much paint has found its way in the crack where canopy meets wind screen!!!

So I guess the next stage is to get the metal leading edges done on the wings and intakes. Loads of oppertunities to bugger things up there!!!

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yeah!

Well put the last of the knock offs one today. They just need a touch of paint!

And it was here I realized a very daft beginer mistake! Oh poop! Who was smart and glued the pylons, tanks and sensors on the underwing BEFORE I put the decals down!!! DOH!

As I dont think that they are going to be able to be removed I now have the wondeful task of cutting decals round all the lumpy bits!!! when will I learn to follow the instructions.!

Whats left to do: Klear, Decal. Klear. Wash the pannel lines in, move canopy back to the open possition, glue the incredibaly boring wingfolds in and put the wings on. Might make some support poles for them. Shouldnt be to hard, bit of plastic rod splosh of paint....

Ian M

View attachment 26813

View attachment 26814

View attachment 26815

24092010735.jpg

24092010736.jpg

24092010734.jpg

C

Caledonia

Hi Ian, looking good, I made a similar mistake with the underwing decals on my Royal Navy Phantom. I am waiting to see the new Airfix Sea Vixen when it is released shortly, another nice Navy aircraft, made when Aircraft had an individual look. Cheers Derek

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Irratating in'it Derek.

I was in the shop today and got him to order the very same kit. It does look rather good from what I have seen of the test shots on the internet. I also got him to ordre the new Seafire and Lynx helicopter while he was at it.

And a Sea Hawk. I'm sure there was another one but cant recall what it was!!! (old age creeping up on me).

Well I got the last few fiddly bits put on and painted. The whole cabuddle is now under the drying box with some Klear.

Ian M

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I'm calling this one.

Been searching around for some dirty RN buccs but all the ones I found where squeaky clean as is the norm for "peace time" navy craft. Wet mopps and brasso where order of the day even during war time, so I s'pose the clean that, clean this was even worse in peace time!!!

I'm off to the Aircraft forum to post a few pictures.

Thanks for all the feed back and comments.

The Buccaneer has just taken the last place in the cabinet, so it looks like the next thing I will be buying is an other cabinet!!!

Ian M