Bucket of Water

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi folks after watching a few YouTube videos recently I noticed some of them were using a bucket of water to flush their airbrushes out. Well I thought I'd give it a go and what a innovation I've found it to be. Quicker paint changes and less problems with blocking etc and my airbrush always looks like it just came out the box. Also not so much use for airbrush cleaner. Anyone else here use a bucket? Thanks for any comments.
Cheers John

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi folks after watching a few YouTube videos recently I noticed some of them were using a bucket of water to flush their airbrushes out. Well I thought I'd give it a go and what a innovation I've found it to be. Quicker paint changes and less problems with blocking etc and my airbrush always looks like it just came out the box. Also not so much use for airbrush cleaner. Anyone else here use a bucket? Thanks for any comments.
Cheers John
John,
Not sure what you mean do you have a link.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Cheers John
Hi John

I've heard of this too. I've just started using a variation on it, in that I have a large plastic milk bottle that I've hacked about a bit to make it easier to do.

Thanks for posting.

Andrew

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7181

I've seen something similar done too, dumping the whole thing in so it recirculates the water in through the pot and out of the nozzle.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I bet he doesn't do it now that he's got some lacquer paints. A bucketful of thinners wouldn't be the best idea :smiling5:
That reminds me andy of when I was an apprentice sprayer back in the day , all the sprayers would periodically strip their guns and chuck them into a 25 litre drum with the top cut off , full of slops ( dirty cellulose thinners after flushing a gun out) ,guess whos job it was to dip into this up to the elbow and fish out and clean/ reassemble them?

D

Deleted member 7181

An apprentice always gets the good jobs Tony :smiling5:

No doubt sharp jagged edges on the tin ready to rip your forearm open, or even just scratch you enough for the thinners to sting like crazy.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I might give the bucket a try, has to be cheaper than thinner or IPA if it does the job as well, I only use acrylics.

Andy.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
I only use acrylics when airbrushing, but I would be lost without mu bucket to clean the airbrush and change colors :poop: .
When flushing through I always spray water or alcohol against the side of the bucket, that way you don't get the typical 'misting', works very well for me...
I took a picture during my last airbrush session :
00bucket.jpg
Steven

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I only use acrylics when airbrushing, but I would be lost without mu bucket to clean the airbrush and change colors :poop: .
When flushing through I always spray water or alcohol against the side of the bucket, that way you don't get the typical 'misting', works very well for me...
I took a picture during my last airbrush session :
View attachment 383493
Steven
Its been an innovation and amazing how a simple bucket and a bit of soapy water can simplify airbrushing sessions. I even leave my airbrush submerged overnight. My airbrush cleaners are now sitting redundant on the shelf. Great for brush painting also as you always have water at the ready to rinse your brushes.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I still flush through with media cleaner as well after the bucket

Bob
To be honest Bob I haven't had the need for that yet. After I've finished spraying a colour and want to change I just dump my brush in the bucket do a bit of "blowback " rinse through and repeat and dry off with an old tea towel. Before my bucket I used to rest my brush in the holder and think I'll clean that in a minute. Few hours later as I sometimes forgot I had a total strip down. But I won't be throwing my cleaner away as I'm sure I'll need it a some point. Cheers John