Bugs!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Does anyone remember Kay Tee?

View attachment 91379

I want to do another Bug dio based on the ideas I put together for this build, but as he's about 18" (450mm) long I needed to find some smaller bugs to use.

Some years ago a company called Mongoose released a game based on Starship Troopers and I've managed to get hold of some of their Bug figures.

View attachment 91380

I'll do some build pics when I start these, but in the meantime I need to start picking some brains!

These Bugs are about 3" (75mm) long when built so the 15mm figures I got the other day (Here: http://www.scale-models.co.uk/community/threads/15mm-figures.28757/) are about the same proportion as the figures in my Kay Tee build - that's why their shoulder pads are blue, right!

What I need are some Skinnies. To keep the proportions about right, my Skinnies would need to be about 1" (25mm) tall. I've been scouring through the websites and visited a local Games shop and there are loads of 25mm sci fi and fantasy figures around but I've not seen anything really close. The nearest I've come is a set of "Mars Attacks" figures but they're too big at 28mm and I would need to replace the heads with something more human. Suggestions anyone?

The other thing I'm looking for is more problematical. I'd like to do a dio of all three races deploying from a drop ship onto a new planet - so I need something I can use as the basic hull of a drop ship. It needs to be hard plastic - not that d****d polyethylene stuff - so I can scratch details and glue them straight on.

I thought of something like this:

View attachment 91381

It's the front cover of my vacuum cleaner and it's exactly the right shape but about twice as big as I need. Any ideas on this one?

All done3.JPG

Bugs1.JPG

Landing ship1.JPG

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
At one inch then 25mm will be fine, have been looking at elf type figures but they all have shields and swords, not really suited for fighting bugs. Will keep an eye out for you Dave. As for the vacuum front-ideal but will you not need the vacuum? :D

I have some old inhalers like this one:

Sorry it's a bit large, can send you some for thrusters etc. As for the rest just bits from the spares box should work.

Si:smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Si. You're right - I do still need my cleaner! I only put the picture in to show what I'm thinking of.

I had a thought this morning that a car vacuum might be about the right size. I'll have to have a look round the local charity shops. I know most of them aren't allowed to sell electrical goods ('cos of H&S rules about testing them etc) but they may have had one bought in and not yet disposed of it.

I'll keep in mind your offer for the inhalers, but both my eldest daughter and my grandson use them so I should be able to get some from there.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
OK! So how was I supposed to know? Just had a look on the bay for cheap/broken vacuum cleaners - there's hundreds of 'em! I'm bound to find something I can cannibalise for bits for my drop ship. Now all I gotta do is find some Skinnies.....