Build a building G.B.2014!!...Being finished 2020. Our Dream home. (spanner and wife)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
This is insane...........I Love it!!! thanks for keeping it going 570.....you are indeed a gifted spinner of yarns . haven't laughed this hard since the "Clacker"..Rick H.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Cheers Jim, I'm chuffed this bit of literary b*****ks helps lighten the day a bit.

My wife has returned.
Not much of an extra tan on her. She explained that Carlo insisted she stay below deck, out of the sun...Very thoughtful of him.

Anyway, here is the top living area balcony.
We want a completely open, infinity view of the sea, so the boys painted the concrete blue. We didn't want tiles as they might have reflected the strong sunshine.
We have had stainless steel stanchions fixed to the concrete with L.E.D. lighting on the top.
Strung between these will be stainless steel wire, thus giving us excellent, virtually unrestricted views of the ocean.

View attachment 387276

After the stanchions were in place, Meekan, Takdee and I were admiring the sea view. Idu was examining the box containing the steel wire.

He was impressed by the idea, stating that not only would it give us a great view, but would also stop visitors tossing themselves off to the balcony below.

I noticed his work colleagues were doubled up with laughter in the corner.

I don't see why they found his statement funny, I thought Idu's concern for people's safety was admirable.
Your wife has a thoughtful friend Ron and the workers are true craftsmen even considering safety after all is finished for them:smiling5:

Great looking home and great story, certainly gave me a good laugh:thumb2::thumb2:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for your feedback, Fernando... :thumb2:

To test the pool's integrity and before its properly tiled, we have had a trial fill of the pool. My wife and I had a quick swim. Very nice!

She suggested we let the boys have a dip.

I replied that I would prefer they continue to swim in the stream, and yes, I know they keep cutting themselves in the shallow bits, but no chance!

Plastic card for the tiles.
P1260621.JPG

Don't worry, not long to go now.....

Ron

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH THIS gets better an better we have been havin a chuckle all the way through
brilliant story Ron an has cheered us up immensely keep it comin ;) :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::smiling2:

chris an jen

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Chris, Jen and 453.

The build and story are now at a close.

Thank you to those who posted encouraging and funny observations.
I have no doubt the story irritated some and was enjoyed by others. All a bit of simple fun for me, whichever view you chose to adopt.

Although accompanied by a bit of a tale, I've tried my best to produce a reasonable model from everyday bits and bobs.
I hope you like it.

Here are the pictures from this, my second visit to our 'Dream Home.' Will there be a third, who knows?

P1260598.JPG

P1260602.JPG

P1260600.JPG

P1260601.JPG

P1260604.JPG

P1260606.JPG

P1260608.JPG

P1260609.JPG

P1260611.JPG

P1260614.JPG

P1260617.JPG

P1260618.JPG

P1260619.JPG

P1260621.JPG

P1260623.JPG

P1260624.JPG

P1260625.JPG

Epilogue.
The pigs have eight piglets!

I've also bought myself a little inflatable dinghy with 2hp outboard. It's great for tootling along the coast line doing a bit of fishing, so when the work dried up I had to sent Idu and Meekan back to Blighty, so using the inflatable, I managed to bribe the captain of a small ship bound for Southampton to take them along.

Their friend Takdee has fallen in love with a local girl. My wife and I have given them a piece of land on the sea shore well away from us, to build their own dream home. We go back to Blighty ourselves in a couple of weeks and Takdee promises he will look after the villa until our return.

We were going to have a going away party, but decided, at my wife's request to just invite our friend, the Navy man, Carlos. Luckily for us, his ship had stripped a turbine and is in dock for a month for repairs. He readily accepted our invitation and arrived within a few days. He even brought a hammock, the brackets of which, he fixed to the concrete snooker room ceiling.
The three of us had a great party. My wife spotted a very nice gold ring on our guest's finger. She asked what the small object was attached to it. "It's an emerald flower."

Unfortunately and unexpectedly, within two days my wife had to return to Britain, leaving Carlos and I alone.

The Police Statement

We had a great time on the first night of her absence. Well drunk, Carlos insisted he take the inflatable out for a spot of night fishing. I said it was too dangerous. He replied with the confidence of a drunk that he is a sailor and can handle any craft. So we both carried the boat down to the water's edge and he jumped aboard, started the engine and went out into the night, fishing.

Tired and drunk, I left him to it and went to bed. The following morning there was no sign of Carlos. The inflatable was bobbing about off shore, but was empty.

The previous night was the last time I saw him.

Signed..........

The police did a search of the villa, the grounds and the shore line but found nothing.

A week later, just as I was feeding all the animals and chickens, a young Police Officer payed me a visit to inform me the search for Carlos had switched to the sea, but there was little hope of finding him alive. I said I was sorry, he was a nice man, and shuffled my feet in embarrassment.
He thanked me for my co-operation during the investigation and left.

He hadn't spotted what I quickly hid under my 'shuffling Feet'. I moved to one side, bent down and picked up a severed finger, complete with a rather nice gold ring with an emerald flower attached......

Pocketing the ring, I threw the finger into the pig pen. I thought I'd cleared everything up! The pig breeder was quite right. Pigs do eat anything, absolutely anything.

I wandered down to the sea shore, climbed onto some rocks and threw the ring out into the sea. On the way back I started to laugh. Must get back to Blighty and meet the wife.....

Leg of Pork, anyone?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks Chris, Jen and 453.

The build and story are now at a close.

Thank you to those who posted encouraging and funny observations.
I have no doubt the story irritated some and was enjoyed by others. All a bit of simple fun for me, whichever view you chose to adopt.

Although accompanied by a bit of a tale, I've tried my best to produce a reasonable model from everyday bits and bobs.
I hope you like it.

Here are the pictures from this, my second visit to our 'Dream Home.' Will there be a third, who knows?

View attachment 387373

View attachment 387374

View attachment 387375

View attachment 387376

View attachment 387377

View attachment 387378

View attachment 387379

View attachment 387380

View attachment 387381

View attachment 387382

View attachment 387383

View attachment 387384

View attachment 387385

View attachment 387386

View attachment 387387

View attachment 387388

View attachment 387389

Epilogue.
The pigs have eight piglets!

I've also bought myself a little inflatable dinghy with 2hp outboard. It's great for tootling along the coast line doing a bit of fishing, so when the work dried up I had to sent Idu and Meekan back to Blighty, so using the inflatable, I managed to bribe the captain of a small ship bound for Southampton to take them along.

Their friend Takdee has fallen in love with a local girl. My wife and I have given them a piece of land on the sea shore well away from us, to build their own dream home. We go back to Blighty ourselves in a couple of weeks and Takdee promises he will look after the villa until our return.

We were going to have a going away party, but decided, at my wife's request to just invite our friend, the Navy man, Carlos. Luckily for us, his ship had stripped a turbine and is in dock for a month for repairs. He readily accepted our invitation and arrived within a few days. He even brought a hammock, the brackets of which, he fixed to the concrete snooker room ceiling.
The three of us had a great party. My wife spotted a very nice gold ring on our guest's finger. She asked what the small object was attached to it. "It's an emerald flower."

Unfortunately and unexpectedly, within two days my wife had to return to Britain, leaving Carlos and I alone.

The Police Statement

We had a great time on the first night of her absence. Well drunk, Carlos insisted he take the inflatable out for a spot of night fishing. I said it was too dangerous. He replied with the confidence of a drunk that he is a sailor and can handle any craft. So we both carried the boat down to the water's edge and he jumped aboard, started the engine and went out into the night, fishing.

Tired and drunk, I left him to it and went to bed. The following morning there was no sign of Carlos. The inflatable was bobbing about off shore, but was empty.

The previous night was the last time I saw him.

Signed..........

The police did a search of the villa, the grounds and the shore line but found nothing.

A week later, just as I was feeding all the animals and chickens, a young Police Officer payed me a visit to inform me the search for Carlos had switched to the sea, but there was little hope of finding him alive. I said I was sorry, he was a nice man, and shuffled my feet in embarrassment.
He thanked me for my co-operation during the investigation and left.

He hadn't spotted what I quickly hid under my 'shuffling Feet'. I moved to one side, bent down and picked up a severed finger, complete with a rather nice gold ring with an emerald flower attached......

Pocketing the ring, I threw the finger into the pig pen. The pig breeder was quite right. Pigs do eat anything.

I wandered down to the sea shore, climbed onto some rocks and threw the ring out into the sea. On the way back I started to laugh. Must get back to Blighty and meet the wife.....

Leg of Pork, anyone?
WELL Ron it seems to me you done him in for all the fun he was havin with you know who an at an end OH NO just as I was getting into the charcters but we had a good laugh anyway an you cheered us up no end now when the next story an build ? to look forward toooooooooooooooooooooo
chris an jen

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Chris and Jen.
I'm chuffed you both enjoyed this little bit of harmless fun.
Sorry for ending the yarn rather suddenly, but..

A) Some folks will probably be fed up with seeing, if not actually reading it.
B) The yarn had taken over from the actual build, all my fault as I was enjoying making up the nonsense. But this is a model making forum, not speaker's corner! So I thought it best to pull the plug on the whole thing before anything untoward is posted on this thread.

Thanks again to you both for joining in, having a bit of fun and keeping the pot boiling.... :thumb2:

Ron

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
A great yarn 570 and a fitting end to the tale as well. You are right about pigs.....they eat anything that gets in their way.
Great finish to your "Dream House". Judging by the comparison photo I would place the scale somewhere between 1/87 and 1/100. You might consider adding a figure or two just go give it a little flavor..........and get Andy to do you a BBQ and some deck furiture:tongue-out3:.
Cheers, Patient 358 ward C

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
The missus and I enjoyed your story telling. It has provided an antidote to all the doom and gloom and nastiness which the British news thinks passes for "in the public interest".
The model of your dream house is excellent.
Thank you both.
Jim

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
So now we know what you're gonna do with your millions when you win 'em! Nice place Ron. Bit of green stuff when you move in and get your garden organised and it'll be perfect.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the great posts on the 'stage finished' villa, chaps. Much appreciated.

You might consider adding a figure or two just go give it a little flavor..........
Cheers, Patient 358 ward C

Rick, I designed it at 1/72.

As you suggested, here's some figures! I've chartered a jet and had them specially flow in from my Rorke's Drift Diorama to appear as extras in this epic production.
P1260626.JPG

P1260629.JPG

P1260628.JPG

Dave, it's far too hot to grow 'owt, so when I return I'll lay some Astro Turf. Trouble is, the pigs will probably eat the lot!

Cheers all.
Ron

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Ron well it was a short story an now sadly:crying: ended as we were really enjoyin this story an the build an some party at the end wow;):rolling::smiling::thumb2: this really made us laugh an is like Pete's minions which we miss terribley an hope Pete will restart the story sometime in the futrer
chris an jen

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Ive been watching this from afar with baited breath , I was hoping that my booking for the last two weeks in september was still going to be honoured and now I see a riotous party being held , i shall be reporting my concerns to ABTA and Club 18-30
Yours p stringfellow

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Boys...

............i shall be reporting my concerns to ABTA and Club 18-30
Yours p stringfellow

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your message.
You need to read your booking acknowledgement before threatening me, mate!
You will notice in your post above you fail to mention in which year your September holiday has been booked for.

As bookings are now filling up rapidly, we took it upon ourselves to book your holiday for 2030.
Unfortunately, this will mean you will loose your 10% off for the 18/30 Club by a mile!.....When I write 'You', this obviously does not effect your young wife Helen's discount... :tongue-out3:

Vasco Da Gama.

Your friendly Travel Agent.