BUILDING FOR THE SU 76.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
This is beginning to remind me of Michael Angelo and the Pope...When will it be finished?????.
Cheers Rick H.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking very good Dzohn. We had a money pit 30 yrs ago that was a converted (built 1870, converted 1920) carriage house. Had horse hair plaster (like concrete) over wood lath on interior walls. Very tough stuff. PaulE

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good evening Mr R,
Well I’m utterly blown away with what you’ve done, I mean, cleaning up must of taken a lot of effort after sliding out of bed at nearly lunchtime you lazy beggar:smiling5:

Joking aside, that is looking superbly ruined mate....very impressed indeed :thumb2::thumb2:
Yes Si..... Standards have slipped on getting up si
This is beginning to remind me of Michael Angelo and the Pope...When will it be finished?????.
Cheers Rick H.
Hi Rick..... When ? well once I get the base done this week, then it is fitting the SP and the figures . They need to be fished and painted , followed by the snow . !

Looking very good Dzohn. We had a money pit 30 yrs ago that was a converted (built 1870, converted 1920) carriage house. Had horse hair plaster (like concrete) over wood lath on interior walls. Very tough stuff. PaulE
Hi Paul......Thanks buddy . Horse hair plaster, I'd like to have seen that. ! Can imagine how strong it would be adding it ..
John Aka Dzhon

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
The tidy bench does you credit. The building is also very impressive indeed. I love all the little tweeks to up the realism.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very impressive JR!! Looks like you are having a lot of fun. Is the SU in any condition to be seen next to the building yet please??
Afraid not Steve. I been concentrating on the build, the main part is done just those tracks to attempt to put on, not my best effort, but some rubble should hide the worst:cold-sweat:

Hi John
The tidy bench does you credit. The building is also very impressive indeed. I love all the little tweeks to up the realism.
Jim

Thanks Jim..... I do try , but its a loosing battle:flushed::smiling: , glad you approve of the building.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evening all, today saw the start of the debris, oh such fun:smiling3: Just love this part as no skill required, apply glue, stick it on and away you go .

Started with the wall filler, placing it to the rear I put a thin layer inside , built it up toward the walls, then dropped some plaster down.This was made from some wall filler mixed with PVA and spread on to some cling film. I did this some months ago , after it had dries it was removed, breaking up quite naturally and popped into a container.

_MG_4316.jpgF1.jpg
Saves on the basic debris gives some depth.

_MG_4317.jpgF2.jpg
Front , debris scattered , then some pva with a dropper all over.
Next attention was paid to the room to the right. Here I had made some office furniture, desk , table, a couple of chairs out of balsa.
This afternoon I cut some paper up to make some scattered files.these were glued as the front debris were.
IMG_4320.JPG
IMG_4321.jpgF4.jpg

On the upper floors some plaster, a few bricks, and the odd remains of the windows.

IMG_4322.JPG

Lastly the right hand side end, again a scattering of bits, id cut up a lot of glass and dropped them in front of the windows. Unfortunately being clear they don't show up very well .

IMG_4326.JPG

Tomorrow when this first layer has dried I shall start adding the bricks, roof joists, and bits of ceiling.

Thanks for following. comments as usual please.

John .

Attachments

• _MG_4325.JPG
    _MG_4325.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 3

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dude 2,

Not too shabby work for a sick man. Love it! Are you feeling any better??? I'm still down and out but back at the table. I can't wait to see more rubble Buddy. Till tomorrow….

Prost
Dude 1

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
This gets better every time I look in.
Thanks Paul ...very kind of you to say. :relieved:
John.

Dude 2,

Not too shabby work for a sick man. Love it! Are you feeling any better??? I'm still down and out but back at the table. I can't wait to see more rubble Buddy. Till tomorrow….

Prost
Dude 1

Hi Dude1, cheers, glad you like. Still coughing, and sneezing, but the show must go on , unless I fall over. At the moment the building is sitting on the front room floor next to the heater, the room smells of the oli wash, no doubt someone will notice when they come through. :crying::flushed:Could be painful !
Dude 2

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dude 2,

You'll be ok...I'll put in a good word for you with management. It will buy you enough time for it to dry and be ready for the next round. I'm going to try to go to work in the morning. I do feel a bit better and the cookies are smaller and not so yellow………….

Dude 1 in bed......

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Will pm later, just to wake you up:smiling::sick:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Dude 2,

You'll be ok...I'll put in a good word for you with management. It will buy you enough time for it to dry and be ready for the next round. I'm going to try to go to work in the morning. I do feel a bit better and the cookies are smaller and not so yellow………….

Dude 1 in bed......
Hope your feeling better soon dude.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
453 and Allen.
The best cure all is to suck a 'Fisherman's Friend' - Other remedies are available.... :flushed:!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
453 and Allen.
The best cure all is to suck a 'Fisherman's Friend' - Other remedies are available.... :flushed:!
Thankyou 570 , I do believe Management has supplies of this remedy. Did you realise they are very popular in the Far East.
Yours.
J Snotworthy.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi John - looks like I missed the pyromania :smiling4: but the in flames shot captured the action well

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Hi John,
This is a great build!
I love the debris, especially the papers, always present in this kind of destruction but very difficult to replicate in small scale.
Top job!
N

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi John just caught up with the build again, very impressive building work you have put a lot of work into this one, love all the little details which bring it to life.

Pete:thumb2: