BUILDING FOR THE SU 76.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John - looks like I missed the pyromania :smiling4: but the in flames shot captured the action well
Thanks Simon....... all went well but had to get the spray on quick before it was all gone, the foil melted!:nerd:

I know you are into your figures at the moment. Fancy putting a civilian in the building searching for left over possessions?? Terrific work on the debris. Looks like you had a lot of fun

Unfortunately Steve the civilians from the office have long gone to ground. Nice Idea, will think about that for another dio.:smiling3: Fubn is on warp factor 10.

Great work John.I agree with Steve - you can tell you're enjoying yourself.

Thanks Peter, indeed I am. Always feel safe doing damaged buildings.:relieved:.

Hi John,
This is a great build!
I love the debris, especially the papers, always present in this kind of destruction but very difficult to replicate in small scale.
Top job!
N

Hi Neil.............Thanks for stopping by. Had that idea yesterday, looked a bit lacking for an office with no papers lying around.Took some time the mark out the paper, glued some into files, scattered the rest around then a coat of thin glue to hold them in place.

Hi John just caught up with the build again, very impressive building work you have put a lot of work into this one, love all the little details which bring it to life.

Pete:thumb2:

Thanks mate.... taken some time to do this but think its worth it.:smiling3:

Great job all round John... have you put some of the broken glass from the windows in the debris... I couldnt make it out on my screen?
Jason.

Hi Jason.... I have indeed, hard to see with the clear plastic but its there, esp on the right hand side on the small gap on the pavement.I'll try another.

Rubblemeister! Great stuff Dzohn. PaulE

Thanks Paul...... quite sure having an untidy bench does help. :smiling:

I just love seeing this come together John:smiling2:.

Ralph..... Thanks for stopping by, and for your comment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all. today saw more furniture being made, needed some thing large for the main office, so made a long counter. Once painted I placed the SP to see how much room was to the right hand side. Once is was going to fit I pushed my finger into it as It had been run into. Painting first allows the timber when broken to show bare wood .

Up stairs had a small desk and some drawers , some smashed , and some other section of timbers.

more to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_4331.jpgF6.jpg
    IMG_4331.jpgF6.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4333.jpgF8.jpg
    IMG_4333.jpgF8.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4333.jpgF8.jpg
    IMG_4333.jpgF8.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Don't know what happened there !
the photos.

IMG_4331.JPGIMG_4333.jpgF8.jpgIMG_4330.jpgR5.jpgIMG_4332.jpgF7.jpg
the front door
IMG_4334.JPG
I can see a thin line along the bottom of the building !!! :flushed: that will have to go .:smiling2:

Pretty much done until the SP and the figures are in place, then the snow. That I'm looking fwd to having a go. :thinking:

Thanks for staying with this, the comments definitely keep the mogo high.
John.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
The PI&S snow is good fun - makes a right mess

Reactions: JR

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looking great John please be careful and don’t mix up the fire retardant for your Hair spray can

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Rubblemeister...:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy: I like that...so John ahem Herr Rubblemeister, you're getting the hang with destroyed buildings. I'm saying this because it's not just chucking things around for rubble, it still needs composition and the right amount plus they match the building it came from and you've got it by jove he's got it. :thumb2:

I particularly like the cracks on the wall.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well done mate.It really has turned out well. Bring on the snow:thumb2::thumb2::cool:

Oh the fire is slowly dying
And, JR, we're still awai - ting - ing
But as long as you crack on mate and
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

:smiling5::smiling3:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Well done mate.It really has turned out well. Bring on the snow:thumb2::thumb2::cool:

I hear it's snowing there while the poor buggers down under are sweltering in the heat...I'm surprised non of the players in the AO have fainted in the heat.

Herr Rubblemeister...yeah bring on the snow..."Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Coming together nicely John.
Thanks Colin .
John,
Nice work on the furniture adds another element to the build.
Paul thank you, thought it needed something in the rooms .
John, everything looks fantastic...I’m looking forward to the snow storm that you are going to deliver too..well done
Hi Joe, just got to read the instructions, several times :smiling2: .
Looking great John please be careful and don’t mix up the fire retardant for your Hair spray can
:smiling::smiling2: no Lee, that is under lock and key .
Rubblemeister...:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy: I like that...so John ahem Herr Rubblemeister, you're getting the hang with destroyed buildings. I'm saying this because it's not just chucking things around for rubble, it still needs composi:tongue-out:tion and the right amount plus they match the building it came from and you've got it by jove he's got it. :thumb2:

I particularly like the cracks on the wall.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard thank you. I quite like the name Paul has given me :smiling2:. I remember on the place that shall not be mentioned when I first started the Stalingrad dio some one thought you would just chuck the debris about ! Don't think he believed me that you had to build it all then apply the damage .

I hear it's snowing there while the poor buggers down under are sweltering in the heat...I'm surprised non of the players in the AO have fainted in the heat.

Herr Rubblemeister...yeah bring on the snow..."Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"

Cheers,
Richard
Steve and Richard. :smiling2::smiling::smiling: the snow will have to wait ! It's Figure Time .

:upside:
Please retain your tickets, the bar is open, being run this time by Si , Steve and Allen .
The next up date will appear on the figures page.
Thanks for following.

The Rubblemister:smiling:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Let me get this right. You have lumbered me with the greatest American/German alcoholic who can no longer get bar tending jobs due to his ability to drink all the profits. And the Sussex Inebriant who will spend more time under the bar than behind it. Looks like I will be serving and cleaning the glasses then. Cheers mate!!:smiling5::smiling6::smiling3::smiling2::smiling:

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I'm off to see the figures
The wonderful figures of John's
Because because because because
Because of the wonderful things he does...

So I'm following the yellow brick road to the figures page...

Cheers,
Richard

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
John, Not only can you do rubble in quantity, but furniture too and now there are figures?!!!
Looking forward to it, the bar staff are a bit slow round here though...…...

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Let me get this right. You have lumbered me with the greatest American/German alcoholic who can no longer get bar tending jobs due to his ability to drink all the profits. And the Sussex Inebriant who will spend more time under the bar than behind it. Looks like I will be serving and cleaning the glasses then. Cheers mate!!:smiling5::smiling6::smiling3::smiling2::smiling:
Well you just can't get the staff these days. But I'm sure you can cope . just shout if you can't, though I might not hear if my hearing aids are switched on .:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2: that is no way to speak about Herr Desire, he is single-handed keeping German EBay afloat . As for Si, if he's not there he will be in the kitchen knocking up some tasty pasteries.:smiling2:.
I'm off to see the figures
The wonderful figures of John's
Because because because because
Because of the wonderful things he does...

So I'm following the yellow brick road to the figures page...

Cheers,
Richard
Richard while I like your verse do you think it is time you made an appointment again as the meds seem to be wearing off ?:rolling::smiling2:
John, Not only can you do rubble in quantity, but furniture too and now there are figures?!!!
Looking forward to it, the bar staff are a bit slow round here though...…...
Thank you for your kind comments, as the the poor service , he's from Devon ! :tongue-out3:
John .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
[QUOTE="John Race, post: 419679, member: 4387 Richard while I like your verse do you think it is time you made an appointment again as the meds seem to be wearing off ?:rolling::smiling2:
John .[/QUOTE]

More like the decal juice affecting me :tongue-out3::tongue-out::smiling6: The guys at the bar are serving the cocktails on the heavy side...but I'll make an appointment just in case.

Cheers,
Richard

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen

That's right Stevie, It's about time you did something!!! Oh, and about Si and myself…..At least we are upstanding citizens and have a place to live. We don't have to live in a Plymouth. I hope that it is at least a station wagon so you can stretch your legs a bit. I'll have a talk with the guys and see if we can take up a collection and maybe get you into an apartment before it gets too cold in the Plymouth. All that letting the motor run for heat and the exhaust fumes seeping into the car appears to have killed quite a few of your remaining couple of brain cells……

Prost
Allen (Profits, we don't need no stinking profits)