BVP M80A - ex Yugoslav IFV in 1/35 scale

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
Some says cousins, but BVP-matey is more like french AMX-10 than BMP-1. In line with back, BMP-1 is longer (and wider), but very less confortable for personel than BVP-matey.

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice to have such skills and ability MAK.

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
For now:

• ATGM launchers for 9M14M ''Maljutka'' 3d modeled. Note that some extra small parts details, that in 1/35 are too small are not modeled exact (details of handles etc, that in 1/35 are cca 0.05 - 0.1 mm detailed). Total lenght of launching rails is cca 25 mm.
  • And vehicle pictures of 3d model almost finished.

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looking good …

What program do you use to make these drawings?

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
Thnx guys! For 3d cad modelling for now Solidworks.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That’s a lot finer than you’d ever find in a plastic kit, I’d think.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Amazing work. As was said earlier perhaps this is the way modelling will go in the future.
Jim

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
Thnx on comments and Your time. I hope that classical model kits will be present in future (smell of glue, cutting from sprue, analyzing plans....) not only 3d print, and, with new tehnologies in aplication, that they will be much better (they are in past 20 years on much higher standard then earlier). But yes, when there is no one kit to buy, 3d print is perfect way to do a job. These launchers are example, there is no way to do them so fine in 2.5 hours of hand working - time needed to print them.

Regards! :smiling3:

Last edited:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I can see 3D printing replacing resin, but it won't replace mainstream kits since injection moulding is much much faster for volume production.
Pete

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I can see 3D printing replacing resin, but it won't replace mainstream kits since injection moulding is much much faster for volume production.
Pete
Wouldn’t be too sure on that Pete. Once home 3D printing becomes mainstream then the whole manufacture and distribution business model will be in question, especially for niche hobbies like ours. It is obviously faster to produce, say, a thousand kits in a factory to supply to retail outlets. But is it perhaps faster (and far more efficient and cost effective to the manufacturer) for a thousand individuals to produce one kit each, at home, with no distribution or packing costs?
I’m not saying that’s how I want it to go, but I’m afraid that is how I see it going in the medium term. The majority of the hobby will probably morph into a fit and finish job. It certainly has in the figure world…..

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
With 3d printing - buying printing code or even 3d model, there is a big problem with copyrights on 3d model/printing code. Any code is for now breakable. Even if 3d printing will be direct online, in real time, from producers cloud, that you cannot stole codes, data, etc, there will be big problem with internet connection issues. Even if you interrupt printing, and later go on on interrupted layer, almost always on this layer you can see error, misalignments etc. Will be tehnology in some time so good, for instant customers - maybe. Instant customers - new generations of people that all problems resolve with one push button, unskilled to replace even light bulb in home.
In opposite of this, making your own mould as copyright breaker is not option.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
With 3d printing - buying printing code or even 3d model, there is a big problem with copyrights on 3d model/printing code. Any code is for now breakable. Even if 3d printing will be direct online, in real time, from producers cloud, that you cannot stole codes, data, etc, there will be big problem with internet connection issues. Even if you interrupt printing, and later go on on interrupted layer, almost always on this layer you can see error, misalignments etc. Will be tehnology in some time so good, for instant customers - maybe. Instant customers - new generations of people that all problems resolve with one push button, unskilled to replace even light bulb in home.
In opposite of this, making your own mould as copyright breaker is not option.
Very true, everything digital can be relatively easily pirated. However, music and written word sources (for example) have survived the change over, and I’m sure 3D object suppliers will work around it somehow. Some sort of streaming service business model perhaps?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
They survived the changeover largely because it wasn’t left up to the music and movie companies — if they had had their way, pay-per-listen/-view would likely have prevailed andm as a result, everybody would still be buying CDs and whatever type of disc films come on these days. However, Apple showed how you can make money from online music, and Netflix from TV shows and movies (I think Spotify took a clue from the latter to do the same for music).

In this respect, I think what 3D printing needs to become mainstream for modelling is the latter approach, yes. Paying to get a single printout from their own 3D printer would put a lot of people off, paying once to get as many printouts as they like would be much more easily welcomed, I think. Especially for things like accessories: you don’t want to pay per ammo box or jerrycan you print, I suspect, but would gladly pay a bit more if it means you can print as many as you need, any time you need them.

Actually implementing this kind of thing, though, requires the resources of a large company — basically, you’d need someone like Apple or Amazon to go into 3D printing …

But current model companies have a vested interest to be like the music and movie companies twenty years ago: they will most likely fear that if this gets going, their sales of plastic kits would decrease drastically.

Oh, something else I just thought of in this respect: read up on how Games Workshop has reacted to 3D printing …

MAK2020

SMF Supporter
First Name
MAK2020
Printed antena base (AT-22), yugoslav made antenna. It can be seen on M84 tanks, BVP as here etc. Diameter of very top is 0.3mm here, and diameter of spring coil is 0.2mm.