By way of introduction

B

Bunkerbarge

Welcome to the forum, superb boat. Please tell us a bit more about it such as propulsion etc and how on earth you carry it around. Where do you sail it and how many does it take to get it in and out of the water.

More pictures would be great.

N

Nigel.D

Hey Richard he looks like you !! you know beard etc I wonder if he;s an engineer lol

B

BlazingPenguin

Its a recent purchase from Ebay.

Drive is quite a beefy 12v motor through a chain drive at what looks like a ratio of 3-1, although theres loads of room should I inherit a very large steam plant (no chance!). It actually fits neatly into my Ford Fusion with suitable seats folded and its not really that heavy when empty.

The front 1/3rd or so is sealed off and this part of the boat is heavier, so I plan to open that section and have a peek, the rear of the boat had two large lead ingots for ballast, I think that may also be the case in the sealed part and so these will have to be removed or at least moveable, I prefer amps to ballast so lead out....bigger battery in methinks.

Im a member at Glasgow Richmond Model Boat Club and we have quite a decent pond, but at this size I would quite happily take her to sea on a decent day...LOL.

More info on my other boats at my site www.members.aol.com/noon121 if anyone interested in my 1st go at website destruction.

N

new to trains

welcome to the forum, awesome boat !- i too like large models and i too have the idea of amps over ballast- so fill it ith cells !

love to see more photos !- what a find on ebay too !

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Welcome to the forum Bad Bill :smiling3: had a quick look at your website looks good for a first attempt

D

duncan

Yes ! You can push/pull my Invincible any day you like. A real car tyre bow-fender...great. Welcome aboard

A

ajg141

Welcome Bill. I had been watching that one on e-bay too! Hope you can manage to bring it over to Inverleith for one of our tug-towing events at Inverleith in 2006. It will be a sight worth seeing.

Andrew

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
A warm welcome Bill,that is a lovely looking model that you have there.

N

new to trains

also seen your posting on modelboats forum too.... its one hell of a tug !

B

BlazingPenguin

Looking forward to some tug towing with you Edinburgh guys, we ran an event early autumn that I spoke to Nigel about, but apparently our Secretary never told anyone until the wednesday before the event....helpful.

Ive seen your 'Invincible' in mag articles Duncan, nice ship but cant afford the craneage! LOL

Had a go at the innards today, I knew there would be dramas but as it went, nothing I couldnt overcome. The prop shaft was running a nice sand/oil emulsion that needed cleaning out, the motor didnt look up to the job so shes now sporting a nice shiny 24v job and at 3-1 she do just fine, only problem I think may rear its head is water coming up the shaft, greased or not, so I plan to fit one of those sensors and attach a small pump for the bilge...god knows theres plenty of room for batteries to power it.

B

Bluewavestudios

Welcome Bill and a very nice model there too !!!

Regards.....Mark.

S

Seaspray

Lovely big boat. Welcome aboard, be it a wee bit late. Looks like it could be Clyde built..Best built

Martin

B

BlazingPenguin

Tug boat website

Just uploaded some new pics of the TID Tug to my website if anyones interested? Hopefully she should be launched a week on Sunday.