CA applicator tool

First Name
Gwyn
I have been using the Flex-i-file one for a while now and found it great, cleaning was easy, just a wipe on paper towel sorts it out, but if you forget then I found a craft knife point to clear out any hard glue from between the forks. Well this all sounds fine until the other day one of the fork prongs broke off. I thought well just order another one, but ordering just this with postage etc was going to be expensive. I did some searches on the forum pages and found a trick of pushing a sewing needle into the end of a dowel and then snip the end off leaving a fork to pick up the CA glue. It works brilliantly. I made a couple, they cost nothing (wife had some needles of the right size and I found some dowel in the garage). The article I found the tip in was from 2010 so good on you John for keeping all this information available.

Gwyn

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Yep, it's a method I've been using for a long time, only problem is that SWMBO is running out of needles :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Gwyn. An easy way to remove hardened CA is to hold it over a flame. Just don't sniff the smoke....best to do it well ventilated room. Or outside :smiling: