Camouflage Masks

P

Pete Mac

Hi lads,

Have been searching for cam. masks for the Tamiya Mk 9 spitfire build without much success. Came across some for the Mk5 at Relish but no luck on the Mk 9. Any clues please.

Thanks, Pete

E

Edgar Brooks

Try www.maketar.com. £6.99, and they include masks for JEJ and one other.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
If the ones Edgar has shown you don't have what you need then you could get in touch with Mal Mayfield here.

Home - MIRACLE PAINT MASKS

He is a modeller himself and will understand what you are after. He will make anything you want. I've seen the results on some of Nigel Julian's models and very good they are too.

Cheers

Steve

P

Pete Mac

Thanks guys. Checked both these examples and glad I checked this out first as they are both exellent examples. In fact one of them lives in my neck of he woods here in Cornwall so looking good. Now that I've all but finished the build (Tamiya 1.32 spit) I seem to be getting rather nervous about this stage.

I've been doing all the painting so far with a very cheap (Halfords) air brush which has provided very acceptable results. (my brother gave it to me about 20 yrs ago and it cost 4 quid then) I need to splash out on another airbush as there is no way of adjusting the paint flow. You get the lot at full spray width which is'nt too economical on paint!. Looking at the Iwata revolution at around £74. any thoughts? PS sorry. i'm rambling on a bit! Pete

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I have the Iwata Revolution CR and cannot fault it at all

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have a long serving Revolution BR amongst others and it is an excellent airbrush.

Cheers

Steve