Camper van interior ?

F

fuma

Depends on what you are trying to achieve?

For me personally it looks like a veneer you'd get with mdf/chipboard rather than solid wood.

This just my own personal opinion of course and in the interests of impartiality, other opinions are readily available. ;) :smiling3: :D

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
It looks exactly like the Interior of my mates Type 25 Gipsy camper Alan , so I'd say job done! , cheers tony

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys it is supposed to look like it's Formica so I'm pleased with at :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
works for me as well ,looks like the real thing :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

i dont think you could get closer to depicting a camper van interior without actually photographing one

great job

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Raises an interesting question this does. No doubt at all you've got this spot on Alan, but could you get scale wood effects using bonsai trees? :D

Gern

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys and gal :D I'm pleased you all think I've got it right :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice work Alan, it looks really well modelled.

Almost reminds me of our old 1960's Vee Dub Splitter....except yours is far too posh. Fitted units? Even the two ring cooker was hidden in a cupboard and had to be dragged out to use it!!

Any fresh progress?

Cheers,

Ron

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Very nice work Alan, it looks really well modelled.Almost reminds me of our old 1960's Vee Dub Splitter....except yours is far too posh. Fitted units? Even the two ring cooker was hidden in a cupboard and had to be dragged out to use it!!

Any fresh progress?

Cheers,

Ron
Cheers Ron the interior is totally complete and seeing as you asked here's some picks :smiling3: View attachment 78960

View attachment 78961

View attachment 78962

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers polux mate I'm glad you like it :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Alan, thanks for the update....That interior is really well done. Our old motor had a column gear shift and a hand brake that came out of the dashboard! Oh, and a bench seat in the front....very cosy!!!! Sweet memories and thanks for re-kindling them.

Keep those pictures coming please......

W

Willi262

No, you're right, it doesn't look like real wood. It does look like a cheap 70s wood-esque knock-off.

Convincing enough for me!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate the comments , I'm not going to put anymore photos up as this will spoil the final completed model all I will say is its not going to be just a model of a camper :smiling3:

S

smartiepants

Hi all, first post on here & came looking for exactly this how spooky, I own the real 1980 camper Westfalia T3 & have been given the same model, I have not built a kit for the best part of 30 years but am giving this a go as I want a model match mine, the wood is spot on but the trim around the doors is a dark brown not lighter & the kitchen top needs to be a lighter colour, mine has the wood effect interior & a previous owner changed the seats & bench to a grey cloth as the original would have had a different upholstery

this is not mine but a photo of the original interior