First Name
Paul
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Aviation_Twin_Pioneer

there you go :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks like G-BBVF at the museum of flight in Scotland. It saw service with the RAF as XM961 in Borneo in the late '50s (from memory).

Relevant to another thread is another surviving example in the Empire Test Pilots School's 'raspberry ripple' colour scheme. G-APRS was in Coventry last I heard. It was flying back in the'70s but I have no idea of its present status.

There's also a camouflaged version (XL993) at Cosford.

Cheers

Steve

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
\ said:
That looks like G-BBVF at the museum of flight in Scotland. It saw service with the RAF as XM961 in Borneo in the late '50s (from memory).
Relevant to another thread is another surviving example in the Empire Test Pilots School's 'raspberry ripple' colour scheme. G-APRS was in Coventry last I heard. It was flying back in the'70s but I have no idea of its present status.

There's also a camouflaged version (XL993) at Cosford.

Cheers

Steve
Thanks for the input Steve, I asked a couple of staff but they said they didn't know and to ask other staff but still got nowhere. I found details myself that it did transport duties to Nepal when active but I thought it may be of or gad seen some postwar service with RAF

I thought it a quaint odd looking aircraft with its stubby wing braces to the undercarriage, further ref is I found that she's gutted inside and awaiting a new paint scheme and interior is to be revamped ( costs effective if they get the funds

I also saw me 163 in one hanger number 15 and I'm sure I saw this at RAF cosford a few years back I have pics if you can help on this also

Robert

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The Scottish Aviation 'Twin Pin' has this potted history:

'Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer. C/n 558, built 1959. XM961 served with 21 and 230 Squadrons and also the Short Range Conversion Unit at Odiham. Passed to RAF Halton as instructional airframe 7978M. Sold to Flight One Ltd, Staverton as G-BBVF in 1973. Damaged and withdrawn from use in 1982. Now preserved at Museum of Flight, East Fortune, Scotland.'

I read somewhere (can't find it now) that the damage in 1982 which led to the aircraft being sold to the museum was caused when another aircraft blew into it during a storm.

I'd love to see a picture of the Me 163!

Cheers

Steve