Can you help me with...

S

skulker

Hi, im new to scale-models.co.uk and it seems a great place, anyway, im looking to model the modern era, currently i have all hornby trains, they are: A virgin 125 train, a EWS Class 56 diesel, a range of modern frieght, A eurostar train(probably wont use on layout), i was wondering what were the best places to go when looking for modern trains,

:smile1: thnx,

Skulker!!!!

G

George

Hi, im new to scale-models.co.uk and it seems a great place, anyway, im looking to model the modern era, currently i have all hornby trains, they are: A virgin 125 train, a EWS Class 56 diesel, a range of modern frieght, A eurostar train(probably wont use on layout), i was wondering what were the best places to go when looking for modern trains, :smile1: thnx,

Skulker!!!!
Skulker,

Depends on where you are and if you want to deal with mail order. I can recomend a shop here in Edinburgh The shop is Harborn Hobbies and their web site is www.harburnhobbies.co.uk or visit Scoonie Models in Kirkaldy on www.scoonie-hobbies.co.uk. I do deal with this shop for model boat material :goodluck:

Last edited:
A

adzam

i`ve got to say i was in Harburn hobbies today for the first time in a couple years , amazing stock for a small shop, stacked to the roof .

S

skulker

Im actually in the oxford area, we have a good few model shops but some of them mostly stock vintage, im looking for things like, turbostars and modern sububan trains :england:

Last edited:
N

new to trains

try marlow donkey model shop in cookham in berkshire...... type it into google you should find a link, they have stock up to the ceiling !

A

artic-corsair

or howes in kidlington,trinder brothers in banbury,theres a train shop in swindon, these shops are listed in all the model train magazines, i live in carterton and use howes as they carry a vast stock both old and modern and they mail order all over the world theres an open day at pendon museum this sunday near abingdon , and other shows through out the year, these are great places to go to find items and ideas for layouts and meet like minded people also your local club, i'm also new to the hobby and i'm looking to do a layout from 1945 to 1950 , i'm also looking to joining my local club to get help with the electrical side as i'm not that good with wiring , i'm ok with the boats but this is a different game, good luck with your layout.

M

madforRC

You could use hattons in liverpool or rails in sheffield if you dont mind ordering over the net agian look for these in google there prices are usually very competitive.