Caption time-Last one for 2005.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
de303250.jpg

'Well I think that a lick of paint should do the trick'

( Percival Proctor Mk.4 at unknown location circa 1960 )

Place your own captions here please.

U

Uncivil Serpent

Bloody Hell, that ModelStrip is stronger than say it is.

Regards

Chris

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Caption time or what is the story behind this picture ?

This one is a bit different,you can try a caption if you wish ? but the question is why have all of these spanners been given a coat of gold paint ? as they say in that well known TV programme 'Who lives in a house like this ? the clues are all there' look very carefully.

gold%20spanners.jpg

J

jankers

I would say Fred Dibner,

The spanners look like AF/Whitworth and I think i see a steam boiler in the background as well as steel channel bars.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
*** Congratulations you are spot on ! the spanners were painted in gold paint by his wife Sheila for their wedding day,one was given to each guest,one survived which has been placed onto E-bay at a current price of £50,the aim to help raise funds for his memorial monument.

Apparently Fred went ballistic when he found out as they were part of his tool kit ! well spotted you certainly have a good eye for detail.

I would say Fred Dibner,The spanners look like AF/Whitworth and I think i see a steam boiler in the background as well as steel channel bars.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
The spanner is currently running at £300,if it reaches £500 then the person will get a guided tour around Freds world,probably the last as it looks likely that the workshop will be dispersed,I find that quite sad.