Captured Jack

First Name
Mike
This is quite old now, it's Hasegawa's lovely 1/48 Mitsubishi J2M3 Jack finished in captured markings. Apart from the home-made decals it's out-of-box.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice work Mike! It looks so right in that "disguise".

Great NMF by the way.

Ian M

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi the finish is really amazing. How did you get the panel lines so defined? was it with post shading? if so what did you use?

Vaughan

First Name
Mike
Thanks guys. Ian, I agree with you about it looking right in US markings, almost looks like a P-47 derivative doesn't it?

\ said:
Hi the finish is really amazing. How did you get the panel lines so defined? was it with post shading? if so what did you use?Vaughan
Thanks Vaughan. The basic finish is Alclad, then I highlighted the panel lines using heavily-thinned watercolour (blue and brown mixed) and a fine brush. I just put a bit of the thinned paint on the brush and touch the tip into a panel line; capillary action draws it along the line. There are other ways of doing it but I like this method as it gives me complete control, I can change the panel line colour depending on the camo it's going over, and it wipes off when I make a mistake.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi mike , superb nat metal job! The US markings look really different too,kind of suits the Raiden. cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
When i first saw this i thought it was a modified P-47 lol, looks great as a captured aircraft. Nice work Mike, love it to bits bud five stars.

Have fun, John

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That's a stunning finish. You certainly finish aircraft really well, it is simply faultless!

Cheers

Paul

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice Mike,

I've seen a few NMF planes and am begining to really think about having a go myself. This looks perfect. I really like the different shades on the panels, it makes all the difference to the finished model. Nice job.

Regards

Colin M....

First Name
Mike
Thanks Paul and Colin. There are some excellent pics of the real aircraft here: TAIC

Swagman 070

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
One classy finish. I aspire to become as proficient as you.

I take my hat off to you Sir.

:clappinghat:

Steve

F

Fenlander

Whoa.... That is one gorgeous model, stunning piece of work!!!!

T

tecdes

That is just incredible Mike.

Patience of a saint & a very steady hand.

The only down side is that I have only been at this 6 months & thought I was improving. Up one rung just another 500 to go.

That is technique & artistry I wish to have.

Laurie

First Name
Mike
Thanks so much for the kind comments, glad you like it. It's such a beautiful kit it's hard not to make a reasonable job of it :smiling3:

T

treyzx10r

Wow that came out awesome Mike, love what you did with the Nmf!