Car Model Piece on The Hood’s costume - Thunderbirds

A

alexbulgo

I’m hoping a learned modeller May know the answer to a strange question!

I recently acquired a costume made for The Hood puppet who featured in three ‘new’ episodes of the TV series Thunderbirds to celebrate the show’s 50th anniversary.

A number of model car kit parts have been used to dress the costume. Including the attached reflector (?) on one of the cuffs. Unfortunately the other cuff is missing it’s kit piece and I’d very much like to replace it for display.

It would appear to read ‘Edsel’ and is just under 20mm in length.

Would anyone be able to hazard a guess as to the model kit it originated from?

With thanks

Alex27DCAE40-82A5-48EE-9027-E32FC30C2268.jpeg

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Presumably from the Ford Edsel, it looks like a radiator grill. A quick search on scalemates shows a selection of 1/25th scale kits, a quick google on dimensions and a measurement of the one you have should confirm the scale.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Alex,

A hearty welcome to the forum and I have searched around Scalemates too and have found that It might scale out at 1/25th. AMT and AMT/ERTL make kits of the Edsel in this scale, but it is difficult to find out if the grill is cast in chrome or must be painted a chrome color. HTHs a little...

Prost
Allen

A

alexbulgo

Thanks Both

I would appear to be pre-finished in chrome as it’s a too perfect a finish to be painted it seems. And I think your are right concerning the scale. The ‘58 Edsel Pacer from AMT looks promising.

If I can track one down relatively cheaply I will take a punt.

Thanks again.

Alex