CDWs' Hummer 1025

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
loving the detail your putting into this it does bring some joy when you scratch build items and they look as good as some of the items your putting into this

C

CDW

Thanks again for the comments.

Did a bit more tonight and i think i can see the finishing line :smiling3: :smiling3:

View attachment 57429View attachment 57433View attachment 57432

Final weathering on the bonnet ... i was going to weather it all in one but as the washes run down into the crevices if i'd done this in situ it wouldn't look right as it would all be at the front. tried to give it the impression of having been driven through dirty water so had to add some texture particles (ash, hair, dust) to the wash ....

View attachment 57430View attachment 57431

Next up is scratch bulding the engine ..... what have i got myself into ? :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

View attachment 59384

View attachment 59385

View attachment 59386

View attachment 59387

View attachment 59388

20130129_202316.jpg

20130129_202340.jpg

20130129_202407.jpg

20130129_202447.jpg

20130129_202557(1).jpg

M

mobear

i want working pistons in the v8 lol,lovely jubbly what youve done so far mate

mobear

C

CDW

Working pistons? ..... ok Ole ..... if i can see working hydraulics on your spit :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Thanks Joe ... it was a coffee free couple of hours to get straight (ish) edges with the hairy stick :smiling3:

T

treyzx10r

Great idea doing the wash like that Colin its really paying off! Looking forward to seeing what you do with that mill!

M

mobear

hey i asked first lol,working hydraulics?hmmmm i wonder lol,do u think its possibleish?

mobear

C

CDW

\ said:
working hydraulics? ,do u think its possibleish?
You could simulate it with some thin tubing and some picture hanging wire running through it to move the flaps etc ,,maybe?

Started bulding the engine from bottom up, has to be in situ coz there's so much piping and cabling to fit in. Got the end cylinders for the air system in place, pipes will be added when dry. the little silver block on the left bulkhead is the basis of the fusebox and needs more wires etc adding

The balsa and plastic engine block will only just be visible through all the stuff on top, but still tried to get it to look "something like"

View attachment 57485View attachment 57486

View attachment 59432

View attachment 59433

20130131_091326.jpg

20130131_091338.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Colin looks like your realy enjoying this build keep it up and keep them pictures acoming

M

mobear

lovely engine colin,and now you have me really thinking on this lol

mobear

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
love the camo colour and the detailing

C

CDW

thanks for the comments ...

finished a bit more on the engine and (hopefully) got the doors on tonight.

no pics as it's ballancing precariously on some paint pots and the doors are propped up with balsa bits and tweezers

I balanced it all .. got up and left the room ... daren't even open the door till it's dry :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

will post pictures of the near-finished little beastie tomorrow.

P

Polux

\ said:
well i'm here with it at the mo....just mirrors and windy-wipers to fit.View attachment 57673

Are we just doing simple "mounted" models or are we doing "dioramas" now Polux? ... i've lost track mate :smiling3: :smiling3:
What you prefer my friend!

Is a perfect Hummer! Don't will change if you show simple or on a dio!!

You have 4 months, time enough to do a perfect scene or similar. Or just say.... "it's finished, want to start a new project!"

The choice us in your hands!!

Polux

T

tecdes

Missed out on this Colin probably as I look most at aircraft.

That is really very nice.

Like the paintwork & that superb weathering some artistic stuff there.

Laurie

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb job colin, everything about it just looks excellent, the camo , the open doors and bonnet the details (the aerials for example) 5 star job matey , cheers tony

C

CDW

Thanks for the confirmation Polux ... i'll stick it in a little diorama then if thats OK.

Ole, Laurie, Tony thanks for the comments, i've had fun with this .. lots of chopping and changing.

Tony, the ariels might end up having those ties attached that bend them forward, not sure yet:smiling3: