Challenger ARRV

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Once again I sit and stare in wonder at your dedication and skill !
Had a little laugh at the stack of PE you'll use, definitely more than I'll get through in my whole modelling career.
No Dan, I will only be using selected bits such as latches for bins etc....

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Update,
Had a few days rest from the ARRV, doing bits around the house. Meanwhile have been doing a bit on another long term project....
20210604_160904.jpg
20210604_160928.jpg
And then today got the ARRV back on the bench and started on the other stowage boxes...
20210604_161015.jpg
Which funnily enough look just like the others - what a coincidence....
More later,
Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Perfection Mike.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
After spending weeks rectifying this abysmal kit I have now decided to bin it, Air holes, rubbish casting, parts twisted and the list got longer the more I worked on the kit. Accurate Armour - I had enough of your products when I built your Chieftain Bridgelayer with totally rubbish quality control and I will not suffer it again.
Your crap is now residing in my recycle bin where it appears all of your products belong. I am not a total amature to resin kits and have the Golds and Silvers to back up my claim, but for the price you charge for your crap it is extortion.
I will not be putting my money into your bank account and I strongly advise others to follow my lead, and I suggest you take a long hard look at not only your company, but the bad reputation you have gained. I am not the first that has commented on you shite products and no doubt I will not be the last.
This build is now at an end, and if the moderator does not like this update then they can delete it and my account from this site today - I really do not care anymore.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Mike,
Your not the first one I have heard say this. I think they get away with it as they do subjects that few or no one else doeß. It is however a terrible shame after all the work you put into it.
I would turn your great skills to another project, and forget this one.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'm with Paul Mike and thanks for the warning about them. I'll never be the master modeller that you are, but I have had similar experiences with resin companies. Some good and some bad, as far as their products are concerned.

There are some that really take pride in their work and if there is a prob, they will correct the error of their ways, ie. Brach Models, Blast Models and DES to name a few. Azimut was for years known for terrible service and molding too. I had to threaten them with a lawyer to finally get the missing parts from one of their kits I bought, sent to me. I also met the boss, Didier C. at a show and we had a long talk. It's a shame to say he had a very doomsday outlook on our hobby and that after us old folks have died off, the hobby would go under.

On the other hand, Gilles Pfeiffer from Blast and Luciano Brach take the time to answer your mails personally and take any comments or criticism to note and try to improve.

So please Olderthanme, don't leave us, bust out a new kit, have a good bash at it and keep us mortals educated with your fantastic builds. You wouldn't want me to send Hitman/Pyro JR over now, would ya???....................

Prost
Youngerthanyou

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
As already said,it's a shame but you do some great work and we would like to see more of it, frustrating as it must be at least it's in the bin because of their f@#@ up and not yours! Onwards and upwards buddy.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mike
Bin this, swear as much as you like about AA, get drunk, kick the cat but don't leave the forum. Far too many people enjoy and marvel at your top notch modelling. Find something else you fancy to build and WOW us all again.
Jim

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Please Mike don't take yourself off again. I think you are perfectly justified in your opinions and comments. I thoroughly enjoy all your builds even though I'm not a tankie. I find your skills and attention to detail inspirational.
Bring on the next installment of awesomeness!

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Thanks for the heads-up over the quality of the kit - if an experienced and skilled modeller of your skills can't get a result, then mere mortals like myself wouldn't stand a chance!

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Thank you all for your comments.
I will not be leaving the forum - that is unless I am kicked off - that was to give the moderator a choice, and there was no vindictivness aimed at them.
Today I finished the other storage boxes, and then took the dozer blade up to the shed to remove the excess moulding plugs and the other items associated with the mounting og the blade. To start with I am unhappy at the amount of flash that was on the moulding, this actually filled in the spaces between the moulding plugs, which was a complete ball ache to remove as well as the moulding plugs, which in turn took away the finer items with it - not a problem to make replacements but that is not what we pay hundreds of £pounds for. This demonstrated to me a total lack of quality control in allowing this and other items in the kit to be sent out. It also showed there is a problem with the mould itself. How can you be a manufacturer of expensive models like these and have air gaps in the mould. Then we come to the clean up. I do not mind the odd little air bubble, it is to be expected, but when you have done a basic clean up and the item you are cleaning up finishes with more holes in it than a Swiss cheese, then there is definately a problem with the manufacturing process, and for a company like AA this is totally unaceptable, from a back room cottage producer maybe, but from this company - NO! I do my own moulding as some of you know and although I get the odd air bubble - quality wise I leave AA in the dark.
The problem with AA, Allen, is I think they know their product is crap and do not have the guts to face their critics at the shows, they used to attend the likes of the MAFVA Nationals etc, but now stay hidden away. A warning to AA, if you dare attend another model competition with your crap and I am there I will stand up ao the stage and castigate you in front of all the other traders and warn all the modellers there regarding your total lack of quality control - you have been warned.
And Allen, please do not send JR, he would only beat me with his ferns dipped in preservative.....
Gerry, not all resin kit manufacturers are as bad as this one, so do not let these people put you off trying one or two.
Neil, Jim R, Bob, Mark, Allen, Scottie. Many thanks for your comments, let me see what I have in the stash in a couple of days. I am sorry about the build as I know so many of you enjoyed it, but it came to a point where it was just not viable to continue.
Mike.