Charlton Brook Railway

D

Danny Longmore

Hi people,

Thought I'd show you my little model railway that I began building but stopped after my legs started getting worse so I couldn't get in the loft any more.

My plan was to have a single lane oval running all the way around the loft on a ledge which would just constantly go round, but as I started building I just kept expanding. After finishing the single lane I then expanded to having a 2nd lane too. Then after that I started expanding 1 end to include a station which ended up been 4lanes hahaha. I started lighting the station platform and so you can easily see from the opposite side of the loft I started building a mimic board.

At the opposite end to the station the track runs behind the seating area which is made from an old rear seat from a mk2 golf.

www.dans-garage.co.uk

D

Danny Longmore

Here is the section that runs under the seating area and a picture of the seating area itself

Here is the mimic board Mk2 as I wasn't happy with Mk1, it is controlled by micro-switches which are pressed by the points

A

AVB99

Thank you for sharing this. I wonder if having a model railway really is every man's deep desire!!!