Chat thread for Tantalising Tornados...

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Check out the German marine ones. They look rather cool as well.

yes but im planning a whiff ;) the Marineflieger did/do use the IDS version.....ive got an ADV/F3 with no decals so im thinking laterally

Septic Air National Guard might be a goer

2u9o8cw.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
yes but im planning a whiff ;) the Marineflieger did/do use the IDS version.....ive got an ADV/F3 with no decals so im thinking laterally

Septic Air National Guard might be a goer

2u9o8cw.jpg
Low viz USAF looks quite nice. Now then, what about an Aggressor version ?

Z

zebra1922

Well this is very serendipitous.

Over the past week I've been researching a Tornado in 1/48 to build, and now I find (and join) this forum and there's a GB starting tomorrow!

I'm fairly settled on the Revell GR.4 kit with a whole load of extras. Given this will only be my third build since I re-entered the hobby (after a 30 year break!) in 2017, I look forward to much PE frustration and brush marks, but I enjoy it anyway.

Pics when I get the kit sometime next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick

Over the past week I've been researching a Tornado in 1/48 to build, and now I find (and join) this forum and there's a GB starting tomorrow!

I'm fairly settled on the Revell GR.4 kit with a whole load of extras. Given this will only be my third build since I re-entered the hobby (after a 30 year break!) on 2017, look forward to match PE frustration and brush marks, but I enjoy it anyway.

Welcome aboard.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian

I'm fairly settled on the Revell GR.4 kit with a whole load of extras. Given this will only be my third build since I re-entered the hobby (after a 30 year break!) on 2017, look forward to match PE frustration and brush marks, but I enjoy it anyway.

Nice one Paul and welcome to the forum

P

Polux

Yep!! Welcome to the forum!!
Hope you enjoy building it on this forum!!

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Tally ho chaps! Let's get back in time for tea and medals...some time in December.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I just seen that Italeri have announced a 100% new tooled tonka.... In 1/32!

First Name
Dave
This has been in the pipeline for a while. Will be interesting to see what the fit is like

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'm thinking about joining in with the HobbyBoss 1/48 Tornado ADV I got at Cosford. I've read reviews on this kit which range from good to awful. Has anyone here built one, if so, what's it like?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I gather from the lack of response that none of our regulars have built this kit.

Can I ask if any of the new guys from MilMod know anything about it?

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Seeing as there are so many new members to our "church" I thought I'd be cheeky and bump my pet GB to our extended congregation. I know that it can take a while to get to grips with a new forum especially as there are a lot of new posts on the subject of introductions and welcomes. Pushing this GB is a shameless grab for attention but also an invitation to our new friends to get involved in current activities.
If you are interested in joint this GB then please take a moment to read through the thread chat for the "rules" and join in.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I'm thinking about joining in with the HobbyBoss 1/48 Tornado ADV I got at Cosford. I've read reviews on this kit which range from good to awful. Has anyone here built one, if so, what's it like?
I have just purchased the ECR hobby boss so i may enter that one as well

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hey guys, I'm a bit late to the party, but as I just picked up a Revell 1/48 F3 for less than £14 it would be rude not too. :tears-of-joy:

IMG_20180619_200721.jpg

Probably won't start until September as I'm finishing a couple of builds and I plan on doing the Panther GB next.

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi guys,

Quick question, would Tornados have ever been parked on the ground with the wings swept back?

I'd like to model mine (which will be wheels down) with the wings back, partly because I like the look but mostly due to shelf space.

Cheers,

B

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Quick question, would Tornados have ever been parked on the ground with the wings swept back?
Hey Bob, yes there are many reference pictures about of Tornadoes parked up with their wings swept so you should be good to go.