Cheap DIY glue bottle holder

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

So I got fed up of sending my glue bottles flying every time I picked one up so came up with this.

None of your fancy pants 3D printed stuff, just one of the small boxes John ships stuff out in, trimmed to height, with the offcuts PVA'd in as dividers. Fits my 3 Tamiya glues, some thinners in an old glue bottle, and my CA's, to keep them upright so the nozzles don't clog.

CDgnfGW.jpg

Cheap n cheerful, but does the job.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice one Andy, I use a coffee jar lid for my TET, nothing worse then a bottle of glue all over the cutting mat.

First Name
Noel
I use a lot of Plastruct Cement and put the bottle in a small wide honey jar for stability.
One of the other things I have done. You know those little plastic paint containers usually included with starter and other kits? Firstly I clip off the tab that attaches the lid to the container as I found that the lids keep springing back annoyingly when the tab is left on. The other thing is I got a small piece of timber batten and drilled a blind hole in it just big enough to slip the container in and keep it stable. Simples!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work Andy. don't think I've ever formally thanked you for the idea you showed previously off using the same boxing to create stands for items going in the spray booth.

ATB.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Good idea Andy, I use an old Kodak film canister nailed to the shelf lip to keep my tubes of CA upright.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 7181

I just blue tack the bottle to the desk. I think Blue Tack is my most used modelling tool ;)
Knowing my luck I'd forget it was stuck down and send it flying when I tried to move it!

It shouldn't be such a problem once I have some drawers or shelves to store stuff in out of the way, but since everything is scattered over my desk whether it's in use or not, it can be a bit like a domino rally at times.