CHOSIN FEW at Funchilin pass

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greg.
Loving it, though its making me feel cold just looking.
Tell us more about the snow method please.
John.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Hey John Thank you for your kind comment.. well the technique is really easy:
1. take a generous amount of plaster on a ice cream stick put it gently on the ground that you have previously sprayed with water
2. apply it gently with a brush (number 5) that has been wet with water, all over make sure to leave good thickness where snow will fall and remove where the snow will not logically be
3. spray water to make sure that the "snow" fill flow as per gravity...
4. Wait that it dries... i would say about 2/3 hours....
5. clean excess
6. Repeat process adding little by little

There you go I hope it helps... i will put the next step with the snow powder
:smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Greg.
I've always fancied doing a winter scene but the bewildering amounts of snow technics is daunting to say the least.
It will be interesting to see the results of this method, have you tried it before ?
John.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Thanks Greg.
I've always fancied doing a winter scene but the bewildering amounts of snow technics is daunting to say the least.
It will be interesting to see the results of this method, have you tried it before ?
John.
You are very welcome John ... :smiling:
I tried with the Vallejo snow.. but i didn't like the texture.... too much grains in it... snow it's flat and soft...so i wanted to give that feeling... so i found only the white plaster to have that special texture...

Reactions: JR

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just caught up on this one Greg, really liking the work your putting into this, It's coming together very nicely indeed.

D

Deleted member 6559

More great work Greg, and as usual with your threads, lots of useful tips.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Hey Ian Thank you very much...as i said l'm having a blast
Hey Peter Thank you too... I try every-time to use what I think will look like the real deal... sometimes it works and some it doesn't, I mean l try to use alternative techniques and tools than the expensive brands.... but sometime l have to buy the specific brand

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Good evening everyone.... today’s work.. not a lot but the road with the tire marks had to be done.... so a lot of manipulation and literally watching plaster drying...

96338448-EE77-4000-B0B6-10D19A99E983.jpeg27918E8F-102F-4A0A-A13C-4BDAB2EF215B.jpegE604FF5A-571D-4FF3-8CAA-87E9E567CD39.jpeg

Last edited:

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hello greg,
Finally caught up with your build and as with your last build this is again to the same hight standard, looking forward to more...
Cheers, Mike.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Thank u Mike... for your kind words....
Ok today i put the snow powder... a lot of manipulation as usual....fun fun...trees(still many branches to add) the broken road with the metal rods....as l said fun funE76D0DCD-75E1-48F5-8A75-4B6339E566B3.jpegA2EF2A96-E96C-4B1C-8279-DC59385C16FA.jpegF8A8619D-2B78-4492-8320-D828152715E6.jpeg

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Greg,
looking the nuts mate. The snow looks good and I like the re bars on the broken bridge.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Thank you Ian..
Hey Paul thank you...
The snow has been fixed with hair spray and concerning the wooden bars...well.. it's really the beginning... the engineers build that structure about 3-4 times:worried::worried::worried: and one of the picture that I'm using as reference is the final version....
Loads of fun... tomorrow l should finish the treadway bridge I still have to buy more wood...:cool::cool::cool:

Have a nice evening:smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Greg,

I get cold just looking at this and have to put my jacket on. The snow is so realistic too. In the 1st pic (above the jeep), the little rock on the left of the gap may be turned 2° too far to the right. Other than that, this is an absolutely "State Of The Art" piece of work my friend!!!

Prost
Allen

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
No Sir, I mean the one at the base of the building shown above. It looks like a white olive and is to the left of the gap!!! I can't mark it like you can with the red circle…:anguished: Below the words Thanks Steve...Todays work…………...

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Yes Greg, that's the one. I could be wrong, but maybe it's turned 3° too much to the right. I'm no expert though!!! Seriously Greg, this is fantastic work and such a pleasure to follow!!!

I'm going to take my jacket off, get under the covers and go to bed now. Work calls in the morning I'm afraid.

I got you back for the "Allen, Allen" video my friend…………….