Christian's Eduard Bf 109 E-4 Messerschmidt 1:48

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
I would like to participate in this GB with my first attempt at an Eduard kit, to be used with the 1:56 Bolt Action miniature wargame. (Unfortunately, currently no active players.) The planes can be used for either strafing runs, dogfights (I think), and mission objectives.

I look forward to trying my hand at this, as previously I have only built one aircract since I was a child (a Tamiya Spitfire Vb, also for the game).

I intend to build the plane with the nose closed, as I do not think I will be able to remove the nose and put it back on for viewing the beautiful engine and machine guns. If some of you know otherwise, I would appreciate a hint.

The front wheels will be built loose, so they can be put in place for when the plane needs to be on the ground, and so the holes for the wheels can be used for pins when the plane is in game and in the air.

I am going to make the no. 10 version as depicted on the box, as that seems right on for a BoB-OOB build!

Sprue shots to come when the build commences!thumbnail_IMG_1750.jpgthumbnail_IMG_1751.jpg

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Btw, I find it very fitting to commemorate the Battle of Britain with building a German aircraft which was shot down :smiling5::thumb2:

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looking forward to this, I did the E3 a few years back, note if you are going closed up not all the engine will fit in, you will need be get creative or carry out minor surgery.

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Looking forward to this, I did the E3 a few years back, note if you are going closed up not all the engine will fit in, you will need be get creative or carry out minor surgery.
Tip appreciated, Dave. There is a mention of this in the instructions.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Btw, I find it very fitting to commemorate the Battle of Britain with building a German aircraft which was shot down :smiling5::thumb2:
I had the feeling I should do something British, but went German too.