Christian's Matchbox 1:32 Auto Union Type D (1939) racing car (product no. PK-312).

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Good morning fellow model consumers and improvers!

I went into the tiny sample of original matchbox kits I have bought in 1:32 scale, which matches the railway, and going through them, I found this little baby, which I hope to finish in time for the new year! Sounds easy to achieve, but my record is the same as many others, in starting lots of projects and taking my own time to finish them. I see no problem with this at all, as long as we are having fun. These GB's seem like a great opportunity to build things "outside the box", if you catch my meaning.

Below, please find the sprue shots for the kit, manual and decals as well. I am curios as to whether the decals still work, and if I will maybe use something else as well as another colour. I havn't decided yet.

There are the usual mold lines for a kit of this age, but they do not seem very bad. Flash is nothing worth griping over, it seems minimal. A positive surprise so far, but we will see when I get to building it.

I appreciate the instructions seemingly giving colour codes in groups, cf. the last image posted below.

IMG_1778.JPGIMG_1779.JPGIMG_1780.JPGIMG_1781.JPGIMG_1782.JPGIMG_1783.JPGIMG_1784.JPGIMG_1785.JPGIMG_1786.JPGIMG_1787.JPGIMG_1788.JPG

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Matchbox instructions put detail painting into its own separate section, rather than calling it out in the assembly instructions. You’ll need to pay attention to both parts of the sheet, and note that they don’t always mention all the bits you might feel have to be a certain colour.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great choice Christian. I've been tempted by one of these on ebay a few times. I must press 'buy' one day.