Chrome Help

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Next question, should I pu the clearcoat down first the use molotow chrome or the other way round, I'm getting confused.
The few times I did manage to use the 'Chrome' I used it last, you don't want to mess up that reflective shine.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mark
Whilst not as chrome like as the pen or the lacquer based metallics I rather like the Vallejo metal colours. They are acrylic, spray nicely and give a pretty acceptable finish. Have a look HERE I also think that a real chrome finish can be a bit over powering on a model although nice for lights maybe??
Jim

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I like Vallejo stuff just wasnt sure on a big item such as the Bentley grill but that too works with Molotow. I think I'm going to have to use some spruce and experiment until I get something I like, it's only a cheapish model but I want to take my time and get something that looks good and realistic.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Alclad is the best if working on small scale models. not so bright and "tinny" looking.
Cheers, Rick H.

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
I added this alclad 2 chrome to an order can I just check does this go over black gloss paint.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Alclad produces their own black lacquer base. For best results I would recommend using it. Sold separately of course.
Cheers, Rick H.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Actually a pre-war Bentley radiator should be nickel, rather than chrome:DSC07092.JPGDSC07093.JPG
Pete

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's funny Pete, But a good reason to use the Allclad. Not too bright or shiney. Cheers, Rick H.