Churchill...

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Gutted the build blog has been lost. The final result is an excellent one. The wear and tear on the bridge is spot on. Wonderful work sir.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Gutted the build blog has been lost. The final result is an excellent one. The wear and tear on the bridge is spot on. Wonderful work sir.
Cheers Steve
Still got the pics, so only the text has gone, later I will put the suspension build up on the forum again.
Cheers, Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mike.
What can anyone say with a build so good as that, the fact that is moveable I find astonishing. Top class.
Well done mate, when anything on one of my builds moves it's about to fall off !:hungry:

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Superb result Mike, love the working ramp, colour differences between the ramp, tank and weathering are very neat too :thumb2: :thumb2: .

Too bad that the build blog was erased, looking forward to see it with the tracks.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike.
What can anyone say with a build so good as that, the fact that is moveable I find astonishing. Top class.
Well done mate, when anything on one of my builds moves it's about to fall off !:hungry:
John, many thanks for the comments. I too have that same problem - if it moves it's gone....
Mike.

Reactions: JR

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Superb result Mike, love the working ramp, colour differences between the ramp, tank and weathering are very neat too :thumb2: :thumb2: .

Too bad that the build blog was erased, looking forward to see it with the tracks.
Fernando,
Pics at the end - with tracks.
Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Final update.
The build is now over and the model is finally on its tracks. Have been a bit busy doing diy stuff with the next door neighbour, 20 tons of topsoil to dispose off, fences to paint, old tree roots to dispose of, and now one damaged forfinger, and yes it is on the good hand, so it is strapped up to the next finger - this is when you really know who your friends are..... think about it.
What is for the future, I have a couple in the stash I want to get on with/finish, plus yet another bridgelayer which will be for the nationals next year, but more of these later when the builds start and the finger recovers.
So for the final pics - I give you....
finish2.jpg
finish3.jpg
finish4.jpg
finish5.jpg
finish6.jpg
finish7.jpg
And that is it for this build - it may go onto a base a bit later once the idea is formulated. Once again many thanks for joining in and posting your likes and comments.
Cheers, Mike.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Fantastic, Mike.
Are those tracks metal, because they certainly look it.
Look fwd to seeing it next year !

As for DIY with your neighbor, and your finger being strapped up that is quite enough information.!:surprised::surprised::surprised::surprised::flushed::smiling::tongue-out3:.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
It's all good, but those tracks are seriously impressive Mike.
Pete

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Sorry Mike just seen this great build.
Ian,
Never too late, nothing exciting in the build as everything went to plan - almost.
Cheers, Mike

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
John & Pete,
The tracks are the AFV Club offering, easy to assemble once you get into the rythm. They were then sprayed MIG 2007 Tracks Primer, this was followed random sprays of three shades of rust, once dry I masked off the areas that I did not want in natural metal and then sprayed these areas Vallejo Metal Color Aluminium. Once dried the sprayed areas were given a dusting of Gunmetal pigments brushed in with a short hair brush. Weathering then took over once the masking had been completed and a coat of satin varnish applied and left for about 24 hours. I mixed up a batch of European Dust, Raw Umber, Concrete, Ashes and Panzer Grey pigments to give me the greyish earth mix I wanted, into this went some of my 'brush wash' which is just washing up liquid/clean water to make a liquid past, and brushed on where needed. This was followed by a diluted brown acrylic and left to dry. The pigments were then lightly brushed to take away some of the dry pigments and that is what you have left. The odd bits of track were cut off from each length as you cannot see them, so why fight with the full length.
John, it could possibly be at the nationals, if I can get the base idea into reality, but we shall see.
Cheers, Mike.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John & Pete,
The tracks are the AFV Club offering, easy to assemble once you get into the rythm. They were then sprayed MIG 2007 Tracks Primer, this was followed random sprays of three shades of rust, once dry I masked off the areas that I did not want in natural metal and then sprayed these areas Vallejo Metal Color Aluminium. Once dried the sprayed areas were given a dusting of Gunmetal pigments brushed in with a short hair brush. Weathering then took over once the masking had been completed and a coat of satin varnish applied and left for about 24 hours. I mixed up a batch of European Dust, Raw Umber, Concrete, Ashes and Panzer Grey pigments to give me the greyish earth mix I wanted, into this went some of my 'brush wash' which is just washing up liquid/clean water to make a liquid past, and brushed on where needed. This was followed by a diluted brown acrylic and left to dry. The pigments were then lightly brushed to take away some of the dry pigments and that is what you have left. The odd bits of track were cut off from each length as you cannot see them, so why fight with the full length.
John, it could possibly be at the nationals, if I can get the base idea into reality, but we shall see.
Cheers, Mike.
Wow well it worked. Thanks for explanation.