Churchill...

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
This is looking really good. Figures, I'm always a touch jealous of you chaps that can paint figures !

Reactions: JR

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
This is looking really good. Figures, I'm always a touch jealous of you chaps that can paint figures !
Hi Colin,
I used to paint a lot, mainly Napoleonics some years ago, and all in oils. And despite the great tutorial by Peter Day on this forum and all the other tutorials online I still cannot paint in acrylics as far as figures are concerned... So you are not on your own in your jealousy.
Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Mike,
That's a cracking build and a nice looking figure.
Hello Scottie,
Thanks for the comment, the figure is still unfinished, just waiting for the oils to dry and then finish off the details. His mate is already on the base, and once completed then I will put some finished pics on here.
Mike.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Impressed with the figure Mike, another string to your bow.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Impressed with the figure Mike, another string to your bow.
John,
It will look better once the matt varnish goes on, at the moment he looks like he has been attacked by a gloss varnish shower.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Lovin the figure work Mike. Looks like the Churchill will bridge the broken bridge no problem at all. Great stuff

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Cracking, I like that a lot!

Lee

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Mike

Very, very nicely done indeed!!! A fantastic job and the Dio looks like it's going together nicely!!

ATB

Andrew

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Steve, Lee and Andrew,
Many thanks for the comments, I had forgotten this thread was on here. Figure about to be mounted on base and a proper photo to follow.
Cheers,
Mike.

Windy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Alex
Don't know how I managed to miss this one! That's a cracking result, looking forward to seeing it with the figures in place.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I did enjoy it Mike. It is so wonderfully made and painted. I really do like the contrast beween the metal bridge and the churchill colours. I feel the simplicity of just two figures is perfect. With them just arriving on the scene and thinking Oh crap!! How are we going to sort this out?. I'm sure the rest of the gang and support vehicles will arrive in due course. Wonderful work sir.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
I did enjoy it Mike. It is so wonderfully made and painted. I really do like the contrast beween the metal bridge and the churchill colours. I feel the simplicity of just two figures is perfect. With them just arriving on the scene and thinking Oh crap!! How are we going to sort this out?. I'm sure the rest of the gang and support vehicles will arrive in due course. Wonderful work sir.
Steve,
Pleased you enjoyed it. With the bridge I worked on the logic that you lay one bridge and then go pick up another, and I doubt the bridge and tank were painted at the same time, and based on your view of the whole model I will leave well enough alone, after all it is about the vehicle.
Cheers,
Mike.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great work mike. Love the bridge laying Churchill and the diorama really sets it off. Figures are quality too.
Cheers
Paul

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Paul, Peter, Scottie,
Many thanks for your welcome comments, pleased you enjoyed it.
Mike.