Cleaning Clear Parts.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi all .
On the BM truck I managed to get some clear glue on the screen part. Also there are a few scratches
I seem to remember there as something used to polish it .
Can anyone help please .
Off to battle with those Masterclub tracks !

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
This recent thread may help. You can polish out the scratches but you may have to gently scrape off the glue and then polish the area.
Jim

Reactions: JR

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Dude 2,

I think Jim forgot to post the link to the thread….

If the glue is dry and is not an aggressive type, you could gently scape it off with a toothpick or other wooden piece. If you get it off the clear part, you can polish it out with plain old toothpaste. It will fill the scratches and then you could try dipping it in Klear to bring back the shine.

Another idea is, depending where the spill is, dirty up the wind shield and only have the area covered by the windscreen wipers clean. This means cutting out some tape to mask where the wipers would wipe and then spraying or brushing dirt color or pigments on the rest of it. After it's all dry, gently peel off the tape and 'Voila'...…………..HTHs

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
John,
I use jewellers' rouge - a very fine dust-like grit, mixed with washing up liquid. ( having removed any surplus glue by shaving, or scraping ). It takes quite a while, but it will remove the mark, then dip in Kleer, and that's it. As Allen says, toothpaste also works well!
Sometimes it's better to do the whole window ( rather than part ), as you can end up with a slightly different texture!
Dave
ps now that you've mastered the PE problem - Isn't it time you faced the individual plastic track link bogey?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
This recent thread may help. You can polish out the scratches but you may have to gently scrape off the glue and then polish the area.
Jim
Thanks Jim, but hiding the link because I 'm not in the TBC is most unfair. :nerd:.

Hi Dude 2,

I think Jim forgot to post the link to the thread….

If the glue is dry and is not an aggressive type, you could gently scape it off with a toothpick or other wooden piece. If you get it off the clear part, you can polish it out with plain old toothpaste. It will fill the scratches and then you could try dipping it in Klear to bring back the shine.

Another idea is, depending where the spill is, dirty up the wind shield and only have the area covered by the windscreen wipers clean. This means cutting out some tape to mask where the wipers would wipe and then spraying or brushing dirt color or pigments on the rest of it. After it's all dry, gently peel off the tape and 'Voila'...…………..HTHs
Dude 1 , great idea, think I have some windscreen wipers, that might do the trick. The frustrating thing is one of the windows doesn't fir very well Will have a go at cleaning the edge.

John,
I use jewellers' rouge - a very fine dust-like grit, mixed with washing up liquid. ( having removed any surplus glue by shaving, or scraping ). It takes quite a while, but it will remove the mark, then dip in Kleer, and that's it. As Allen says, toothpaste also works well!
Sometimes it's better to do the whole window ( rather than part ), as you can end up with a slightly different texture!
Dave
ps now that you've mastered the PE problem - Isn't it time you faced the individual plastic track link bogey?

Thanks Dave.Unfortunately I don't have any Kleer , however I soaked the offending part in IPA last night and a lot of the glue came straight of. With the rouge in mind I'm going to try the toothpaste. As there will be snow I might be able to hide the bad fit.

Now these tracks in plastic !!!!! might one day have another go .:sad:

Sorry John
Blame it on senility and Storm Dennis :rolling:
HERE it is but Allen and Dave have some sound ideas.
Jim
Jim I blame the wind ! Great tip, going to use the toothpaste and let the snow cover the rest. White mud !! :smiling2:

Thanks guys for the help, appreciated .

John.

Last edited: