Clear coating / Varnishing ?

B

Bikecrazidanny

Just a quick one guys, clear coating/varnishing, most i've seen are enamel based and I just wanted to know if it will harm the acrylic paints im using ?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi dan, an enamel based varnish wont harm the acrylic paint, but if you prefer acrylics then theres plenty of great varnishes out there. I think the scale- models online shop has some vallejo varnishes in, these spray lovely or you could always go with a tamiya clear (im assuming its a gloss finish youre after ,for a bike), cheers tony

First Name
Dave
Try the Vallejo clear varnishes you wont regret it.I used enamel varnishes for years with mixed results.Then after advice from forum members i tried Vallejo acrylic varnish .Perfect results every time.Ive sprayed it over Klear,enamel and acrylic paints .Its the best clear coat ive ever used.

T

tecdes

Morning Dan. Used enamel varnish to begin with but then went to Vallejo. Much better in every respect. No smell, easy to use with the dropper bottle, no clogging, easy to clean up. Just easy. I am going to try Vallejo in place of Klear on the present model to see the results.

Laurie

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm with them too

Steve

O

os40

Hi,

Is there a link to buy this vallejo clear varnish? Can't seem to find it anywhere..

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi os40 the link to the shop is on the toolbar at the top of the page, on the far right hand side, cheers tony