Clipped Cromie

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Another "what if". A turret holed Cromie bucked up to carry some triple A, now being used in desperate ground support role for routed German Army very late in war.100_9557 (4).JPG100_9559 (5).JPG100_9561 (3).JPG100_9562 (3).JPG100_9563 (5).JPG100_9565 (3).JPG100_9567 (3).JPG100_9568 (3).JPG100_9569 (3).JPG ground support role for routed German army very late in the war.
Whenever I get a bit stale on a more involved project (T72) I tend to veer off to the dust shelves and revamp and modify something or other just to
break the mental block.

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Not into these what if models ......

But having said that it looks great and up to your usual standard , if you had not said it was a what if I would be asking you what kit it is .
P S would look good on a base....

Bazer

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks Barry, just thinking :thinking: I must have at least 8 or so other "what ifs"
maybe I'll put them all in one thread and post it.

I'm thinking of knocking up a couple of more 'presentation bases' of different themes. The one for "Cat-Tyusha" is called "Factory Courtyard

Jim
Not into these what if models ......

But having said that it looks great and up to your usual standard , if you had not said it was a what if I would be asking you what kit it is .
P S would look good on a base....

Bazer

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Not really a 'what if'. More a 'very well could have been'.
looks very good.
Jon.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I agree with Jon. It certainly looks a very plausible AFV. Very impressive. It's nice to get away from accurate model making and have a bit of fun once in a while. Great stuff:thumb2:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I agree with Jon. It certainly looks a very plausible AFV. Very impressive. It's nice to get away from accurate model making and have a bit of fun once in a while. Great stuff:thumb2:
Thanks Steve, I enjoy indulging my imagination every now and then and I like putting new life into some ancient and forgotten builds.

Cheers, Jim.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice work on this one,Jim,like the over all,look and weathering,
very well done,.:smiling::thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I agree with the guys on looking plausible. If you'd made up one of those long technical German names and said it was by Tamiya !
Brilliant build.
John

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I agree with the guys on looking plausible. If you'd made up one of those long technical German names and said it was by Tamiya !
Brilliant build.
John
Thanks John, I thought it would make a snappy looking combo.

Jim.