CLOSED Snow scene 1/76 scale(battle for the farmhouse somewhere in the European theatre of ww11)

D

dubster72

John, I'm certainly not knocking your build! As I said, it's your build so you're free to do as you wish.

However, there are no documented cases of German vehicles being painted grey even at the end of WWII.

The last snowbound action was during the Ardennes offensive, when paint was still readily available.

I just can't help being overly correct when it comes to stuff like this - it's a curse :sad:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
John, I'm certainly not knocking your build! As I said, it's your build so you're free to do as you wish. :smiling3: :smiling3: Lol I didn't think for one minute you were knocking my build.But on the topic of colours I don't believe things were that regimented at the end of ww11 that you can be absolutely 100% sure that there were no german grey vehicles whatsoever present on the battlefield or in the towns and cities previous or after 1944 so I think we should just agree to disagree ;)Everyone as an opinion.On the case of documentation just because there are no cases of it does not mean that there wasn't any.I mean new legislation dictates that I pay over £200 for 1years road tax via the internet hence no documentation but my wallet is £200 lighter.
and no tax disk!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Aaron
Looking awesome mate, I like the log Armour on the sherman...nice touch. That particular Sherman kit was the first Airfix kit I ever built and I was stumped at the lump of plastic on the front center of the turret, do you know what it is supposed to be?

A very interesting fact Patrick pointed out, and makes sense to me. Im so grateful that he saved me from messing up my tigers optics color.

I keep a keen eye out for this thread as it contains kits I'd love to build.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Coming together nicely Alan and John.....I do love a combined build!

It's sure going to be busy, love it!

Last edited by a moderator:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Coming together nicely Alan.....It's sure going to be busy, love it!
Ron, wrong chap, it's John's build not Alan. Poor old Ron...his drumming has sent him mad.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Well, this is a superb dio John, turning out to be very nice indeed, cannot believe I missed this.

Si:smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Ron, wrong chap, it's John's build not Alan. Poor old Ron...his drumming has sent him mad.
Sorry Tony, I didn't realise it was Ian's build. Drumming? It's the Zulus banging on their shields wanting to be painted......

Anyway all's well here, and here comes my Sunday lunch....Nurse, wadd'ya you mean, there's something nice in the gravy. I hope you haven't put any..........ZZZZZ

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Freaking awesome John!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Gott in Himmel Hans, das Sherman haf been on de steroids!

First Name
Aaron
Haha king Sherman indeed, when I saw the first KT pic I honestly was fixated on it for a bit. Spot on with the ambush camo. This is shaping up to be a nightmare for the Sherman crew. I recently watched a doco on shermans vs tigers and the tactic was for enough shermans (3) to distract and take hits while another got behind the tiger, poor buggers.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Not really liking the plastic "chains" on the crab tank I've decided a bit of butchery is in order and will be making it into more of a steamroller minesweeper type not sure if this is anywhere near accurate but I feel it just has to be done View attachment 98893

View attachment 98894

image.jpg

image.jpg

First Name
Aaron
Some twisted copper wire then flattened makes awesome chain.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
Some twisted copper wire then flattened makes awesome chain.
Thanks Aaron but it's a bit late now lol :smiling3: I do have some fine chain but fancied the roller option and I have seen similar set ups on google so it's not to far away.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice conversion John. I had a look on google at this oddity yesterday, and you've done it really well, nice one.....

When you've done with it can I borrow it to roll our back lawn, the mole's been at it again!