CLOSED Snow scene 1/76 scale(battle for the farmhouse somewhere in the European theatre of ww11)

First Name
Aaron
This looks fun!

1/72? Is the base manufactured?

Great choice and as it is it could be set anywhere so you are spoilt for what vehicles you want to use.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
This looks fun!1/72? Is the base manufactured?

Great choice and as it is it could be set anywhere so you are spoilt for what vehicles you want to use.
Hi Aaron it's a base from a dioarama set that I had hanging around the building vehicles and troops will be 1/76 scale as I've dropped these 1/72 tanks on for effect and they somewhat dwarf the farmhouse so definitely 1/76 scale will be used just a bit more work on the farmhouse to do thanks for looking in cheers John View attachment 97568

image.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Here come the axis forces the yanks could be in for some trouble as the jerries are coming mob handed.Only kidding as I will only be using 2 vehicles and not all the troops unless I extend the base by about 2 feet but not sure which vehicles I'm leaning towards the sd.kfz and sturmgeschutz or the tiger11View attachment 97572

thanks for looking in and any comments help and advice most welcome time for bed as I have lost all track of time again its a good job no work later think I'll be out looking for snow in the LMS TTFNView attachment 97573

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looks like this is going to be a busy diorama, nice!

Ian M

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
View attachment 97574

Another dilemma who as control of the farmhouse? Did the yanks already take it and are the jerries on the counter attack or will it be a complete surprise to both forces.Location as already been decided though as the allies are on the way to Caen to kick some butt.The Sherman led the way as on the box artwork following the signpostimage.jpg

First Name
Aaron
That KT looks superb, I'd like to get that Pak and Opel kit one day. I love Opel blitzes.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Dark earth applied now for some model building going with the 2 Shermans and a willys jeep if I can find one for the allies axis vehicles 1 sd kfz 251, 1 sdkfz222 and 1kubelwagen haven't completely ruled out the king tiger yet but if it's to be included then the base might have to be extended to accommodate it. Thanks for looking/comments/advice along the way cheers John View attachment 97595

image.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
At this point it was discovered all crew were already doa having being shot in the torso from the allies yet to be positioned machine gun nest it's not looking favourable from the outset for the jerries but there is a field medic overlooking the proceedings who will step in and heal and resuscitate with a bit of filler!!!!View attachment 97597

image.jpg

D

dubster72

\ said:
At this point it was discovered all crew were already doa having being shot in the torso from the allies yet to be positioned machine gun nest it's not looking favourable from the outset for the jerries but there is a field medic overlooking the proceedings who will step in and heal and resuscitate with a bit of filler!!!!View attachment 99021
Looks more like a sniper got those lads! They're remarkably cheerful about it though ;)

Caen John? With snow ...?

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

\ said:
Looks more like a sniper got those lads! They're remarkably cheerful about it though ;) Caen John? With snow ...?
Didn't say they were there yet I said they were on the way it just took a long time getting there the winter months held them up they got snowed in.If the location isn't quite accurate for the time of the taking Caen then the location can be changed.I have done no research whatsoever I'm just a knucle dragging plastic basher so if I have got it wrong I'm kinda hoping someone will correct me. :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:just like to add I got married on April the 9th 1988 and to my horror I woke up on the morning of my execution and it was white over it had snowed.don't know if April was a month near the taking of Caen but for the purists amongst us I will check on the net. ;) ;) ;) Anyway it's a Armageddon :eek:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
A bit fiddly but this can be expected of any kit this scale and after a brief skirmish with the carpet monster(it tried to eat one of the hatch plates) this is going together with ease (recommendation )View attachment 97600

image.jpg