CLOSED Snow scene 1/76 scale(battle for the farmhouse somewhere in the European theatre of ww11)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
We're going to need a bigger boat - sorry base, Quint!

First Name
Aaron
Awesome and the house was cast the year I was born lol. I like the extra roof section!

D

dubster72

Looking good John! Frozen water, use a bit of clear poly plastic (the kind stuff like ham comes in) & smear superglue over it. Once it's dry, it looks like sheet ice!

And get your skates on mate, we've a 109 to build! ;)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Bit more progress today walls and bridge built steamroller scraped but left attachments on sherman to add a bit of interest and I didn't want to battle with the super glue going to try my hand at telegraph poles and tank traps tonight also the yanks have had an addition to there armour (build later) thanks for looking in any comments help and advice most welcome more soon.......... Thanks John View attachment 99440

View attachment 99441

View attachment 99442

View attachment 99443

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking good John. I was about to suggest cocktail sticks for the poles..good for 1/72, but you've got it sussed I see!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
One epic confrontation John....Me like!

Just looking at your 'detailing brush' above and I've spotted something that might cause a problem. Take a close look at the end of the bristles and you can see a small hair sticking out.

I hope you don't mind me pointing this out, because if it stays in it will cause streaking when you apply the paint!!!!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Almost done with this so here's a sneak peek but it's one of those that you could keep playing with forever I think but it's time to move onto something else now so I'm about to call time on this one more pictures in completed section later after a few little tweaks here and there thanks for looking in cheers John View attachment 102447

image.jpg

D

dubster72

I'm liking that a lot John - those figures look to be very well painted.

D

dougie

Read the thread through and thought that the first base was a bit small... Got to the last pic and Wow, transformed. Looks amazing so far. You better get some great pics or a video up :cool: