Coaling tower

• Thread starter Deleted member 8703
  • Start date

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Okay so you make a kit...a detailed kit...but your instructions are sooooooooooo horrible...what is it with these kit makers...if you are going to take the time to make a detailed kit then by all means do the same with your instruction manual...am I alone here?
Not alone at all Christopher! Mind you, as someone that spent a good few years writing standard operating procedures, I know that producing clear and concise instructions is probably a more difficult skill to master than designing a kit!

As to Bovington, well where do I start! They have two tiger 2s, a hunting tiger, and lots of other German armour if that floats your boat. They have probably the best collection of British armour in the world (not surprising), especially the first war stuff. They are a little light on Japanese and Russian stuff, not surprisingly as these were not major armoured warfare theatres for the UK. Just plan for a whole day to get the most out of the visit.
The web site is here

If you are over here for any length of time it might also be worth trying to get up to London to the Imperial War Museum. They have a superb collection with some truly iconic pieces.....
There are very many other places of military (and other) interest as well, so ask away if you need help planning your visit......

D

Deleted member 8703

Thanks for the info...I plan on staying in the UK for 6 days and then head off to France for about 6 days to see Normandy and Paris...

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
You’ll love it.....let me know where you are staying and I’ll let you know some places of interest in the locality. I lived thirty or so miles north of Bovvy for about fifty eight years so know the area fairly well.....probably worth doing it by PM as well, it will stop us clogging your thread.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Very nice Diorama....was like walking back in time. Rick H.