Cockpit colour.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
A bit of help in you can please. I'm looking to make a start on my Beaufighter and the cockpit is the first section of the build. Checking through my paints I already have a pot of Tamiya cockpit. Looking at some pics though it doesn't look green enough if that makes sense? What do you other aircraft builders use?

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I use a custom mixed grey green mick , but its nearly the same as tamiya xf71 so i would use that if i were you. The interiors were a pale grey green colour , but if youre looking at photos of cockpits dont forget that some of these museum pieces might have been ‘restored ‘ and painted in different colours , if you can try and find some pics of unrestored interiors , the modellers datafile book by SAM publications is a great reference if you can get hold of one ( if not pm me and you can borrow mine)image.jpg, heres a pic of it

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Many thanks Tony, I don't think there's going to be much visible so i'll stick with what I have

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I use XF71 as well....I think some confusion comes from the US interior green, which is a horse of a different colour....