Colin M - Kovozavody Prostejov 1:72 Mig-19s

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Colin .
Looking at those drawings and then the offering I think you've done well not to ditch the whole thing. Big improvement with the start of painting :thumb2:
If you want some more strange makes try Parc !
Parc, I'll investigate later. I imagine after all this good weather, life is busy for you in the Rhino ?

So, early this morning, this little lot came out to play.
30.JPG

Which resulted in this. What you see in the below pictures is a well toned down version of the original. It did work, the tiny gloss patches shined up brilliantly with a few coats of Airframe aluminium, but wow they were super shiny. That was ok, I was expecting that. So, a couple of very light coats of 'pale burnt metal' and a touch of 'aluminium' and it all toned down nicely. The finish might still be a bit too stark - what do you all think ?
I'm thinking, after decals, a satin varnish will tie it all together nicely.
31.JPG

32.JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks ok to me Colin , the f6s (Chinese licence built mig 19s ) in the PAF were always quite shiny when they were Nat metal . Don’t forget there was a large oval shaped darker area of stainless steel in front of the cannons . Cheers tony

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Colin

Sorry I'm late to the party. You've done a great job on such a poor kit.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
At last, finished, pics in the aircraft section soon. Thanks for the interest during this build of a kit, that, despite its age, I actually liked the build experience. Maybe because it was a bit rough, I wasn't to worried about the odd scratch or mark here or there. And being a bit of an old duffer kit, I was happy to experiment a bit. I think I need more old kits like this in my life.