Colin's Battle Of Britain GB chat thread

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all

So I'm going to have a go and try and get these two finished as part of the GB. It's probably not the most original subject matter but it's the only Battle of Britain themed kits I have in the stash.

I'm probably going to them in flight on the included stand as the two kits depict two aircraft that fought each other in combat, with both being shot down. during the engagement and I'll let Junior keep it in his room.

Colin - Thanks for suggesting this idea!

ATB

Andrew

41313272421_8892dd050f_b.jpg

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
I just bought the 109 to accompany Khadens Mk.1, the kits remind me of doing single session build as a kid.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Has anyone else watched the Channel 5 programme about the BoB presented by Dan Snow and Kate Humble? Kate took a flight in a two-seat Spitfire and also in a Blenheim. Also some interesting and moving descriptions of some of the actions. https://www.channel5.com/show/the-battle-of-britain-3-days-that-saved-the-nation/
Pete
yes seen the first 2, more impressed than I expected to be.
They haven't skimped on the flying budget have they? shots of four hurricanes! &four Buchons
Lovely!
And of course they have got Stephen Bungay, who is God for me as far as BoB is concerned.
I really enjoyed the contribution from the armourer, who told how bad it was when your guy didn't come back. A side of things not often heard about

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Just out of interest, are we been strict on the sub types of aircraft we can add in here, i.e do they have to be the types flown between 10 July 1940 – 31 October 1940 or can a Spitfire just be any sub type of Spitfire , like wise with BF-109's ?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
As far as i'm aware it's only aircraft and their correct marks for that time period that can be submitted for the GB.

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
B54C1B4D-B178-4027-9291-DEDF9C4E2AF7.jpeg

This will be my contribution to the GB, doing the version at the bottom of the sheet, Major Erich Groth’s machine

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well Gentlemen, that's just about it. With just over 4 hours left of the group build, I think we're there. So, a big thank you to all who took part. It's been a breeze.................

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Sorry i haven't finished mine in time Colin. Hoping to get it done in the next 2 weeks. Had a few issues going on here. But i will complete it

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Sorry i haven't finished mine in time Colin. Hoping to get it done in the next 2 weeks. Had a few issues going on here. But i will complete it
No problem Alan, life has a habit of getting in the way. I look forward to seeing the finished build.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Colin. Thanks for the GB I finally got it painted now for the Camo paint. Hope to get it done soon thanks again