Colin's Battle Of Britain GB chat thread

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Colin. I’m ready the last of my items arrived last week.
64D86A3B-8204-4B52-957A-61B0C56BBE7F.jpeg

Last edited:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Don't know if it's just a rumour, but when Airfix first released their Spitfire kit back in the dark ages, weren't they churning out something like 500000 a year?
I'll bet Goering would have been relieved that the Air ministry couldn't match Airfix's production rate.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Counting down the days a little nervous I’ve never built a Spitfire before I hope I do it justice being most of you are across the pond I may be going to the gallows before it’s all over

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Counting down the days a little nervous I’ve never built a Spitfire before I hope I do it justice being most of you are across the pond I may be going to the gallows before it’s all over
Public Law 90-381 (82 Stat. 291), later codified as 18 U.S.C. 700, et. seq. This, I believe is the law protecting the American flag. YOU should see the laws protecting the image of a Spitfire in the UK. Get it wrong, and as John Cleese might say, 'the British are a little bit miffed'. No pressure Lee.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
No pressure taken Colin. But wait the EU is banning all Americans from the country so looks like if I mess this up I might be in the clear for awhile. Just don’t send me to the Race Towers

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
being most of you are across the pond I may be going to the gallows before it’s all over

Oh don't worry Lee. We don't have gallows now. Instead we'll make you sit down and watch Eastenders and Geordie Shore. That should be far worse than any capital punishment we could dish out.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Instead we'll make you sit down and watch Eastenders and Geordie Shore.

That would make you want to gouge out your eyes and stick pencils in your ears!

Tomas de Torquemada.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
No pressure taken Colin. But wait the EU is banning all Americans from the country so looks like if I mess this up I might be in the clear for awhile. Just don’t send me to the Race Towers
A temporary stay of execution. No, that sounds harsh doesn't it ?

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Told my son about this GB and he got all excited and said his Spitfire is a British plane so can he do it. He the remembered his Red Arrow is also British, but didn’t fly in WWII....
So if it’s OK with the class he’ll join in under my name with an Airfix 1/72 Mk.1a Spitfire.
He’s already declared he doesn’t want my help and will brush paint as he found my airbrush a bit hard to control. (But I will insist on priming it for him.)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Told my son about this GB and he got all excited and said his Spitfire is a British plane so can he do it. He the remembered his Red Arrow is also British, but didn’t fly in WWII....
So if it’s OK with the class he’ll join in under my name with an Airfix 1/72 Mk.1a Spitfire.
He’s already declared he doesn’t want my help and will brush paint as he found my airbrush a bit hard to control. (But I will insist on priming it for him.)
It will be great to have Karl junior along. And what better aircraft to build. I think most of us started with a Spitfire.