Colins' (CDWs) M10 Achilles with 17 pounder.

C

CDW

Well it looks as though i can improvise with the figures, seems i have some that will do in one of my bit boxes.

View attachment 47143

The beauty of the Korean Theatre .... it was such a mish-mash of equipment and uniform ... anything that looks "about right" can do :smiling3:

View attachment 50121

20120702_102713.jpg

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I have this in my stash Colin, will be nice to see one go together and what you think of it.

Have fun, John

C

CDW

@ John, all the build pros and cons will be posted, this will come from me being a little ham fisted at times so maybe not a 100% accurate review :smiling3: :smiling3:

@ Ole ....I groaned outload at that one mate, at least there were no "Teapot" comments .. :smiling3: ... Elaine says you're on a roll with your wit and humour today mate :smiling3: :smiling3: ...

are you coming in on this build or is the arm still giving you problems?

M

mobear

life is slow at the moment colin,and lusty is taking up a lot more room on the table lol,looks like a real dry dock in here,and tanky thingys arent my cuppa tea(pot)lol.is just really interesting to watch

mobear

C

CDW

well just had a good look at all the contents and my Italeri kit has only one "Italeri" component ..... the decals :smiling3:

all the rest is Academy ..... a complete reboxing methinks.

Still loads of detail, most is hidden by the hull and turret as per usual .... about ready to start some serious glueing

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
all the rest is Academy ..... a complete reboxing methinks.
It is Academy Colin, forgot to mention mate. And with it being Academy it's the only way it got into me stash.

Have fun, John

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
We're lucky Colin, it could of been the reboxing of ESCI/ERTL M10 lol. The Academy M10 is about 10 years old now and can is still hold it's own. Infact, i've got the Tamiya M10 the other day and Academy beats in hands down.

Have fun, John

T

tommy1drop

Hi Colin was thinking of throwing my hat in with the Achilles also (got two Academy Achilles collecting dust in the stash)

Nice kits, plenty to keep you busy, looking forward to following the build mate:thumbsup:

Tom

C

CDW

Ok then, trawled t'interweb and books and found that i need to use the spoked wheels and the fancy looking front sprockets for the version i'm building (there's an option in the kit for solid wheels and plain sprockets which is nifty:smiling3:)

Had another look at the kit and there's plenty of mould marks on the interior of the turret so a bit of filling there, some marks wont be seen methinks as there'll be stuff mounted over them.

One thing i did notice is that the tracks provided are the correct steel riveted type but the spare tracks for mounting on the tank are the rubber type ... luckily i have some riveted types knocking around somewhere from an earlier M3 "honey" build that may just look ok.

I think i'm turning into a rivet counter .... help!!!!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Enjoy the detail and remember the Archer had an open turret, so not all will be hidden from view. Reboxing: Loads of nice details for half the price. If that is they are travelling East to West, the other way and the prices go up. Well worth keeping an eye on Colin.

Ian M

C

CDW

Not been at the bench past few days, been caught up in computer maintenance.

Got the wheels together and painted (not weathered yet, just a dry brush with gunmetal that will show through as general wear after i add the dust and stuff), tracks have had their base weathering in the colour of the ground work i'mplanning for the dio (they had to have a shake in the bird-grit to get them to take the paint, all shiney they were:smiling3:)

View attachment 47438View attachment 47439

Gonna start adding the bits to the base today (slightly out of order to the destructions), so i can paint and weather it as a whole and make life easier.

There's so much detail in the interior that i'm thinking i'll make it a "lid off" model so it can all be seen, should prove a little challenge as i'm setting the tank in a diorama as well.

View attachment 50360

View attachment 50361

20120707_160433.jpg

20120707_160614.jpg

T

tommy1drop

Nice update, I really like the staining, nice touch, It`s coming along lovely.

Tom

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Colin.

I like the interior as well

Ian M

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Looks like you're on top of this build Colin, interior is looking the part.

Have fun, John