Colins' german/korean bi/sea plane BF110 E1 thing

C

CDW

Right then a BF110 ..... in Korean MBT camo, hopefully turned into a bi-plane .... possibly with sea floats.

Got no smeggin' idea how but i'm up for a challenge.

box and sprues, looks an easy standard build (but what do i know, its a plane:smiling3:), few parts, details ok, some flash as always.

View attachment 50458

View attachment 53141

20120905_233259.jpg

P

Polux

Nice choise, fantastic idea.

I wish to see it finished!

Good luck mate.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Mmmm, a Korean Me 110 bi-plane with floats, I'll definately watch how this builds.

Can't wait to see more.

Have fun mate.

Tony.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Looks like you've got your work cut out for ya Colin, it'll definitely look different.

Have fun, John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Really loving this one colin! I toyed with the idea of a Biplane F100 super sabre a while back but never got round to it , (or got the kits! ) cant wait to see the progress , cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ermmmmm Interesting concept! lol

looking forward to seeing how this comes together.

Ian M

C

CDW

Oh yeah, my favorite ... rigging .... thanks for reminding me Ian :smiling3: :smiling3:

Made a start (needed a diversion from the MASH dio that seems to be occupying my every free minute)

I though about making up the model and then scratching a new wing but what i've decided to do is cut the engine covers off the top halves, fit them to the lower part, and use the leftover bit to do the top surface of the upper wing

View attachment 50513

I'll use some styrene sheet to create each surface needed and use the original surfaces as a template so i can re-scribe new panels etc.

The fuselage is together, very few gaps which is surprising as i trimmed off a fair amount of flash.

View attachment 50514

The figures are typical 1/72 featureless things, here they have just got the flesh and the harness/helmet painted, will give them a woodland camo pattern methinks, dont know if they'll be noticable when its all together though.

View attachment 50515

View attachment 53195

View attachment 53196

View attachment 53197

20120906_170528.jpg

20120906_170618.jpg

20120906_170701.jpg

T

tecdes

Yow what brought on this mystic thing here Colin.

I suspect you have joined the SNP & met Alex the Salmond & you are now deranged. I have seen this before among model makers. You may return to normal but there is no gurantee. In fact you may even, with great probability, get worse ! It is a modelling disease. Over-plastic-dosage. Viral the only cure being a 20 year malt taken neat before a meal (& after every meal) may not be a cure but it makes you feel better.

Shall continue to note your progress here Colin.

Laurie

PS hope you have gritcolined all those bits ?

C

CDW

i've no idea what brought this on Laurie... one minute Ians got an idea about different paintjobs and the next .. i'm mentally destroying a kit into a totally obscure "what-if".

I think my alter-ego (plonka-man) may have taken over..... :smiling3:

As far as the Malt goes, i shall have to gracefully decline as i am an abstainer .... this brought on by a few days with alcohol poisoning when i was 18 ... i have a problem with alcohol and can't even eat food cooked with it.... as they say "up north"

"One sniff of the barmaids apron and that's me for the night"

And yes .... the "grit-colin" method has been in overdrive :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Know how you feel Colin. I too am allergic to alcohol. After the second glass I get all dizzy and have trouble controlling my tongue..

I am still rather curios as to how and where that other wing is going to go...

Ian M

C

CDW

\ said:
I am still rather curios as to how and where that other wing is going to go...

Ian M
as I said, I have a cunning plan m' lord ....... tomorrow will tell if its a go or ends up in the bin.

pictures will show success :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

I will say that I'v had success with balsa instead of styrene sheet I was considering.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very interesting Colin. Now i'm waiting for the morning to reveal the Frankenstein plane " its alive "

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Coming along nicely Colin. Can't wait to see these wings.

Tony.

C

CDW

Ok then ... its not in the bin, and i didn't throw anything out my pram !!!!

I've used balsa to fill the neccessary areas, this gave the problem that it would swell when painted, this i've over come by just sanding the balsa to shape and then smearing it with superglue to seal the surface and this would take a light sanding with wet and dry to give an acceptable finish for acrylic paint.

some areas have had a light spray with a car primer, or a coat of acrylic to show up any flaws, it's till rough and needs a bit of filler here and there but i'm happy with the general look.

Wot da ya fink?????

View attachment 50596View attachment 50597View attachment 50598View attachment 50599

View attachment 53267

View attachment 53268

View attachment 53269

View attachment 53270

20120908_200629.jpg

20120908_200725.jpg

20120908_200757.jpg

20120908_200835.jpg

T

tecdes

\ said:
Ok then ... its not in the bin, and i didn't throw anything out my pram !!!!I've used balsa to fill the neccessary areas, this gave the problem that it would swell when painted, this i've over come by just sanding the balsa to shape and then smearing it with superglue to seal the surface and this would take a light sanding with wet and dry to give an acceptable finish for acrylic paint.

some areas have had a light spray with a car primer, or a coat of acrylic to show up any flaws, it's till rough and needs a bit of filler here and there but i'm happy with the general look.

Wot da ya fink?????

Colin I am finking that I will go to a darkened room to have a fink about finking. I am finking is this ingenuity or something other than ingenuity that is what I am finking. Finking you must be having a great deal of fun there.

How is that for finking ! This has got to be a first Colin !

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I fink Laurie is loosing the plot for you Colin.

LOL

Ian M