Color modulation technique for every tank

T

TranDuy

I think thank color modulation technique is a very unique way to show off your model to anyone. Its break the mono tone surface and create eye catching effect. Although not every one like it because its fake, not close to the real thing but in my point of view, Making model is making it stand out of other thing, make it more personality , make it look special in other way. why try to make a plastic tank look like a real tank when you can make it look better and suitable for a diorama or suitable for your scenario that you put your model into. So here is how i do it step by step.
Video :
Result :
20180219_005347.jpg
20180219_005342.jpg
20180219_005352.jpg
20180219_005410.jpg
Step 1 : The main color. You can pre shade and paint the main color as you like but in my case im primer and then main color
Step 2 : Add some white to the main color , 1 2 drop depend on your tatse or you can use the light shade of your main color. Pain the edge of the model , or the panel of the model to break the mono tone.
Step 3 : Add more white to the mixture or use lightest shade of your color in step 2. And paint on top of where you paint in step 2. Remember , just a little bit. Dont cover the whole way.
Step 4 : You can gloss coat to protect the paint and pin washes. To rise the details up.
Step 5 : This is additional , you can use filter to make the color look nature or you dont need it, It depend.
There is the 5 step of color modulation , you can use it on any tank or vehicle. But only single color. I havent test it on multi color like camouflage tank yet.
Thank you.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
That is a very nice look! Thanks for sharing!:thumb2: