Colour/paint advice needed please

D

daveb257

Hi everyone,

Like most of the UK population I bought load of Airfix Op Herrick kits recently and will be starting them in January and want to do a bit of a diorama. with the Jackal, WMIKR & maybe the Lynx AH7

The thing I'm struggling with is colours for the vehicles, I know the MOD changed the colour of vehicles from light stone (the yellowish one) to Army Brown a couple of years ago but Im getting myself confused over best matches

So the big question is, what paints do I buy?

Mixture of brush & A/B painting

Not adverse to brand, Valleo/xtracrylics maybe

open to suggestions

Dave

L

Laurie

Interesting one Dave.

As soon as I have finished my fill in Walrus I am into Herrick. Got all the range. Finished the Merlin. Hopefully intended to finish all and like you turn into not so much diorama but a scene. Not sure when you call it a diorama or scene. I associate diorama form what I have seen here as a story. What ever that is my intention.

Actually Airfix give the colours in the instructions. On the Humbrol site they give equivalents, where they exist, for a number of paints including Vallejo which I mostly use. Vallejo do both paints for airbrushing, Model Air, and for hand brush Model.

Hope you do a build on yours then I can follow :P

Laurie

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I built a Snatch Land Rover and used Vallejo 71.028 Sand Yellow.

You can see the results here; http://www.ipms-farnborough.co.uk/gallery/key/Rick+Shea?g2_itemId=10974