Colouring MS/Hybrid Polymers for Water Effects

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Basically what the title says. How would i go about this? Would normal Vallejo paints work or would i have to buy dyes or special paints to do so?

P.S. MS/Hybrid polymers are not silicon corking/sealant. I am on about MS Polymers such as Clearfix.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Alan
I think, because Clearfix is soluble with enamel thinners, I’d be more inclined to use enamel paints to colour it. I have to admit that I don’t know for certain but that would be the way I’d go. Might be worth a test sample first.
Someone may give you a more definitive answer but I think testing might be a good idea anyway.

Hope you find your answer. If you do do some tests let us know your findings - useful tips like this are always good to know.
Cheers
Paul

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning, just seen this Alan .
Some time ago I added some acrlic Vallejo to a MS adhesive , I was attempting like you mentioned water. It definitely works, the green I used become thinner in depth, putting too much in was a no no. I think I have the stuff some where as I'd mixed it in some kids, doing 3 strengths. I know I posted the results .Will try to find them

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Alan PM sent