committed myself to just one hobby

D

Dave Garrett

I have always had a few different hobbies to keep myself occupied and my brain engaged otherwise i get bored really easily. I have just said to SWMBO that i am going to commit myself to just one of these hobbies and the hobby i have chosen is model making as i am quite good at that and love building things.

The wife seems quite happy with this decision as it means we don't have loads of half finished projects all over the place and we can get the display case that she wants. So i am letting you know that there will be many more build logs to come lol.

DAMN she has just reminded me that the shed still needs to be cleared out so if the weather is good over the next couple of days i will make a start.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
so nice to hear Dave,that this is the one for you,will be very glad and interested to see what you give your eyes to see,

i think you made a great choice and welcome aboard, :D ,

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry Dave, bad move.

Model making is a relatively cheap hobby, so all the Wonga you will save will be channelled in your wife's direction.....She has already started, asking that the shed be cleared out......

It's for a walk-in wardrobe....Not plants!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Always have at least two hobbies.

It's all very nice when it is cold, dark and raining out, but once the summer (lol) arrives, the urge to build model fades a bit.

Have modelling as the crappy weather hobby and an other that you can turn to in the good weather.

I have a garden and a mountain of fishing gear that is in need of a bit of attention..

And the wife can join in with the gardening. You know, telling you what to buy and where to plant it....keeps them happy as well

D

dougie

Have a main hobby that revolves around health and fitness. That's my thinking. Keep heathy and you will have longer for the modelling and stuff.

Either way you probably did the right thing not having too many on the go

D

Dave Garrett

yeah dougie i go the gym twice a week and go boxing once a week the rest of the time is dedicated to looking after the wife and what little time i have left is for modeling

D

Dave Garrett

PLANT THINGS: what the hell is that ??? i've been told that i can turn the shed into a spray booth if i clear it out properly so i thought it might as well be my workshop/man cave [we have an understanding you see] Also Ron as you may of noticed i don't build the small stuff and i also add lots of extras to the kits that i build which normally works out at about the same as what the kit is again or maybe more just take a look at my prince of wales build log. and i will put a picture up of some of the bits i am getting for snowberry plus the rc gear that i need i already have a lot of it but it's going to be close to about 2 or 4 hundred pound when it's finished [so now who spends the most]

P.S. WALK IN WARDROBE !!!!! you don't know my missus very well do you she would rather spend her money on other people and nice little things for herself and the house oh and our cats

Last edited:
L

Laurie

I have a great hobby now I am retired.

Doing anything I want at any time and in my time.

But some things which are essential but boring to do can impinge on the above.

But not to worry. My resolve, resolution, since being a little tot has been to tackle straight away, using the smartest techniques possible, to complete those rotten jobs in double quick time.

This then gives the maximum time, without thinking oh I have to do that horrid job, to go about "Doing anything I want at any time and in my time".

It is a great resolution which I am certain brings better way of life.

Laurie.

D

dougie

I wonder if I will ever get to retire the way things are the now. Boo hoo haha

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
I have three hobbies ............ Grandchildren, model making and reading......... All in that order, although sometimes the last two get a bit muddled.

Peter

L

Laurie

Live and laugh. One gives the other. All the other things are a bonus.

As I close friend who was 80 years old announced on age "I have more behind me than I have in front".

Laurie