Completed 1/48 Monogram Typhoon

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi folks I've managed to complete the old Monogram Typhoon. I picked it up from a show a while ago for £7 and aside for some ropey decals it went together very well. Hope you like her and thanks for looking in.
Cheers John.IMG_1445.JPGIMG_1446.JPGIMG_1447.JPGIMG_1449.JPGIMG_1450.JPGIMG_1450.JPGVIMG_1451.JPGIMG_1452.JPG

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John,

Absolutely no complaints from me that's turned out very nicely indeed. Built one of their old 1/72 Bf110 last year and had no complaints either.

ATB.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
She looks excellent John. Nice looking subject as well. Good job the chequered decal came out OK. Wouldn’t want to hand paint that!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Have either of you chaps tried this?

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Have either of you chaps tried this?
Yes Tim tried it once on a very old set of decals which disintegrated. I reckon they'd have broken up anyway in water. I normally start with a very small decal if they're old and use that as a rule of thumb as and what to use if anything but sometimes holding my breath and praying works. I've had problems with new decals normally Tamiya but I have a nice little arsenal to help me out. Thanks for the info it all helps the cause.image.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
You’ve got Micro stuff there I’ve never heard of LOL....talk about teaching you to suck eggs.....

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
You’ve got Micro stuff there I’ve never heard of LOL....talk about teaching you to suck eggs.....
I'd like to throw them all away. If only I had the patience and time to make my own stencils and paint them on. One day I might have ago at it.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
John,
May I ask where you sourced the panoramic background - if it is a commercial offering do they come in a range of scales and scenarios?
Steve

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
John,
May I ask where you sourced the panoramic background - if it is a commercial offering do they come in a range of scales and scenarios?
Steve
Hi Steve the scenic background is just one from the range of railway scenic backdrops and they do come in various settings. I acquired mine from my LMS. I'm sure there avaible on eBay Amazon or any online supplier. Thanks for looking in and your feedback. Cheers John.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Steve the scenic background is just one from the range of railway scenic backdrops and they do come in various settings. I acquired mine from my LMS. I'm sure there avaible on eBay Amazon or any online supplier. Thanks for looking in and your feedback. Cheers John.
Thanks John - I should have considered railway scenery - Duuuuh!